Worked on the Z ALL day!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Worked on the Z ALL day!!

Good evening guys!! Wheh... what a day man!! I woke up to my new to me Z28 and decided to pull the intake and reseal it. I have only had the car 24 hours as of tonight!! I got the car up on the lift last night and looked at it while it was warm.There was a pretty decent oil leak from the rear of the intake where the silicone finally gave up. The spot on the driveway and on the garage floor confirmed this.

Had a little gunk on the underside of the intake and in the drip tray thats bolted to the underside of it. The valley looked to be in really good clean shape. I took the spider to the parts washer and cleaned it along with the intake.

I used Permatex copper 700* RTV to seal up both ends of the intake and installed the now Felpro gaskets. Also put 8 new O rings on the injectors as well as a new coolant temp sensor which fixed the dead temp gauge!!!

So on the first day I owned it, I cured two problems. Im satisfied with that for this weekend. Next weekend I will attempt to fix the oil pressure gauge. The sender is brand new, so this one might turn out to be a challenge.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:20 PM
2nd Gear member

Sounds like a very successful weekend. Nice looking ride!

Old 06-03-2012, 11:50 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

kool. temp gage workin intake leak fixed. wait,,,,, where the heck are the pictures,,,, man you let us down. well you bein new and all we ll let you get away with it this time. may want to test the oil pressure sensor. new doesnt always mean good nowdays. pick up a factory shop manual for your year. i cant do without one. chiltons just dont cut it. yours is 93 right, i picked up one for 20 bucks to my mailbox. 1993 Chevrolet CAMARO Z28 RS SS factory GM service manual | eBay

Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 AM
4th Gear Member

I'm with Craby, where are the darn pictures?? It's nice to see another '93 here. Ours are so very special. (:

Old 06-04-2012, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

pics man! remember i almost bought this one? how was the spend? worth it? wanna see if i missed out lol.... it looked nice. expect problems on a used car though....