Want to know 1/4 mile time after these mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Default Want to know 1/4 mile time after these mods

Hey guys , I own a 99 Z28 and right now i only have a few mods. I currentley have A gratanelly mass airflow sensor, A custon ram air setup with K&N filters, A hypertech Performance chip, A shift kit, And a Corsa Catback Exaust, And a custom Tune. I am currentley working for my father, In the oil feild on my fall break. Which is only two weeks long, but he said i will make at least $2000. Right now i run a steady 117 or 118 mph in a 1/4 mile, which im not sure exactly what the et is for that. But i am going to by a set of Trick Flow heads, BBK SSI Series Intake Maniflod 85mm, a Fast Throttle body, Pacesetter Longtube headers, Performance lifters and springs, And billet fuel rails. How much do you guys think that this will increse my mph in the 1/4 mile or my time.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: Want to know 1/4 mile time after these mods

I think you have a conflict, Hypertech chips do not fit your engine, and definetely do not mix with a custom tune. 118 MPH in the 1/4 means yor engine is making at least 500 HP. You have reached stock engine Nirvana, unless you are using a heavy shot of nitrous, leave it alone. LOL

Old 10-03-2007, 11:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I agree about reaching nirvana. not because of his car, but because he's making $2000 in 2 weeks!! stop going to school and keep workign there!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 AM
4th Gear Member

how do u know your exact speed but never looked at the time?
something dont add up.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Droid

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er

how do u know your exact speed but never looked at the time?
something dont add up.
Well, you got to give some slack. It is hard to keep a story straight sometimes, especially when you fabricate the story and don't keep good notes. LOL

Old 10-04-2007, 02:03 PM

I know for a fact that the strip i race on is 1/4 mile from bridge to bridge. We have tested that many times already. And i am not sure of the Horsepower of my car but I know that i always look down at my tack right before i the end of the 1/4 mile and it reads 117 or 118 mph. I know these facts becuse i have ran this strip hundreds of times. Now as for the hyperteck performance chip, yes i do have one , and yes i have had the engine tuned by Elliot Racing. The same i bought the car. I am not trying to be a cocky little 17 year old, but i am just telling you what i know is true. Ive ran this car agienst other z28 camaros , GTO,s , SVT COBRAS, And corvettes, And i beat them all by a realitivley far length. And i dont think that i want to work in the Oil field the rest of my life buy thanx any ways. Thanks for all you guys help

Old 10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

A car with those mods won't run 117-118 in the 1/4. But if you run 117-118 mph your should be able to run 11.40's if your chassis is working right.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: wht99z28

I know for a fact that the strip i race on is 1/4 mile from bridge to bridge. We have tested that many times already. And i am not sure of the Horsepower of my car but I know that i always look down at my tack right before i the end of the 1/4 mile and it reads 117 or 118 mph. I know these facts becuse i have ran this strip hundreds of times. Now as for the hyperteck performance chip, yes i do have one , and yes i have had the engine tuned by Elliot Racing. The same i bought the car. I am not trying to be a cocky little 17 year old, but i am just telling you what i know is true. Ive ran this car agienst other z28 camaros , GTO,s , SVT COBRAS, And corvettes, And i beat them all by a realitivley far length. And i dont think that i want to work in the Oil field the rest of my life buy thanx any ways. Thanks for all you guys help
I'm not quite sure you understand what we're all saying here, we're not trying to be *******s, but you have some conflicting information...er conflicting "facts"
1)Your car does not take removable chips, it's reprogrammable, therefore you can have a Hypertec Power Programmer and have had it reprogrammed, but that's only good for about 3 HP and 4 TQ, it's a $300 paperweight.
2)If you have a custom tune that means the car would have been run on the dyno and "Elliot Racing" should have given you the exact numbers that your car put down, so you should be able to tell us how much RWHP your car has.
3)1/4 mile times and speeds are only official if it's at a track. Period. Go run the car and get a timeslip and then you'll know, it's $30 for as many runs as you can get in at my local track.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i'm going to be a real hard *** here and say there's no way you could look at the tach and see that you were going 117-118...last i checked you have to look at the speedometer for that...lol. sorry...had to say it

Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM
3rd Gear Member

C,mon cut the kid some slack. Maybe all his info isn't correct and maybe when he runs the 1/4 his speedonmiter is off. He does have an LS1 and he said he took the car to Elliot Racing for the tune. Maybe he has more in the engine than he knows. Plus LS1's have been known to run down Cobras. Not to far fetched kid but too much knowledge on this forum to fab up any stories. I'm giving you the benifit of the doubt but just a little advise. Be prepared to back that up with some proof or someone will call shinanagans!

Quick Reply: Want to know 1/4 mile time after these mods