Turbocharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear member

I pay for everything as well. Insurance is $135/month, cell phone is $60/month, oddly enough I commute in my Z, about 40 miles each way everyday, so I'm paying out my bum bum in gas money. It's tough when you have bills to pay. I wish my parents paid for everything for me.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Overdrive Member

What does your $100 per month insurance cover? I pay about that for full coverage on my Z28 and that is with a perfect driving record.

Massey

Old 04-14-2011, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Massey
What does your $100 per month insurance cover? I pay about that for full coverage on my Z28 and that is with a perfect driving record.

Massey
My bad. $100 car payment. $125 a month for full coverage.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
2nd Gear member

And on top of all this stuff turboing, properly that is, that your car will last more than 30 miles after the install, will cost at least 3k, plus your internals probably aren't in the best of shape since your car is 18 year old ( I got a 93 too trust me)

Also I know most of the peopl on here may seem like older guys talking down to you well I'm only 17, and I've learned my lessons about driving as well, I managed to spin out a 94 Ford explorer in just rain, which is pathetic on my part btw, I hope you'll read this post and understand, you have to not let your teenage angst get the best of you, I came within 2 feet of killing my girlfriend doing that and I never, ever drive crazy anymore unless its in a very controlled enviroment, and be lucky you got a camaro, I worked my entire sophomore and junior year summer full time 5am to 5 pm to afford my car and I have to jobs to pay the insurance and gas, at 17, basically what I'm trying to say is take pride in your car and don't drive like an idiot, live long enough to be able to appreciate it, what are you going to do with a fast car anyways? Answer me that is there a reason for it?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by Connor15
What is needed for a 3.4l turbo? How do I remove a 85 mph speed limiter?

I want to turbo my 3.4.

Connor
i was gunna turbo my 3.4 before i totaled it... anyways you have to do a top end swap to a 3.5L also all new forged internals will need to be installed that alone is about 5k$ then youll need to do something with the trans and rear (maybe around 3k more) plus the new computer about a hundred hrs of tuning... ohh and the dozens of hrs spent doing this project... theres more too... so for about 10k$ you can have a 3.4 that will keep up with a Z maybe be a little faster or you could take that 10k trade in your car and get a mint low mile 02 SS or throw a fat down payment on a brand new 2SS

Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Overdrive Member

Hell when I was a senior in HS the 4th gens were brand new... I mean really new as in the first ones!! Now I am showing my age LOL

Massey

Old 04-15-2011, 06:27 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Massey
Now I am showing my age LOL

Massey
you're just a young'un

now where is grandpa Gorn and grandpa 69 ?

Old 04-15-2011, 10:44 AM
3rd Gear Member

Ok to remove the speed limiters you need to learn how to drive and prove to your parents that your not going to be an idiot with your car. And for a turbo you need to get a job and start saving. A 3.4L engine isn't going to be able to handle the boost. The intake on those engines are the worst intakes ever. Your best off to leave it how it is. Do some auto cross racing were its about skill not speed and have fun with it.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Conner, I think at fifteen you should be glad your parents bought you a cool car. You don't even have a real license yet, u should probably focus on pass the DL test first. I'm pretty sure spinning donuts or doing burnouts isn't part of the DL test.

how the heck can you be a good driver...unless you've been racing shifter-karts or something for the last 5 years.

You dad did a good thing, and I would shake his hand and recommend him as "father of the year" for you.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I cant believe he would ask these kinds of questions after we gave him hell the first time lol.

Quick Reply: Turbocharger