Turbocharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Default Turbocharger

What is needed for a 3.4l turbo? How do I remove a 85 mph speed limiter?

I want to turbo my 3.4.

Connor

Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
2nd Gear member

Your dad put that on for a reason... Sorry bud, you're not turbo ing your 3.4 lol

Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Connor15
Hello. This is Connors dad. We already got him a 1995 3.4 v6 camaro. After reading his posts yesterday, we took it to a performance shop and had the governor set to 85 and the rev limiter set to 4500. Thanks for all the kind responses.

Thanks,

Justin
See.. Your dad knows and was on you account!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MaVeN
Your dad put that on for a reason... Sorry bud, you're not turbo ing your 3.4 lol
lol GOT EM!! Yeah, don't disobey your old man. He did good!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
2nd Gear member

Connor is mad now.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 PM
2nd Gear member

I think in all honesty, he can be mad all he wants. His dad did a good thing, got him a great starter car, and governed it so he can sort of control his kid's recklessness. He has himself a dad that cares.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 PM
2nd Gear member

His dad really is going to save his life. 85 is fast, but if you can't control a car at 85, well. Nuff said.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah, your right. He will eventually learn his lesson and realize that it is a ridiculous idea. Wisdom comes with maturity. It's just a matter of time.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Yep. I got my car at 15, but I pay for everything.. Insur, gas, mechanical, body.. Etc.. That's why I drive my car like a baby 3/4 of the time. Insurance and $100 a month kill me.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Overdrive Member

3.4s do not turbo, supercharge or accept No2 very well because of the extremely poor flowing heads. You dont really need to go any faster than 70 in most states... Around my neck of the woods there is no speedlimit over 60.

I know how to remove the speed limiter on the car but you will not be finding that info out from me. I am going to guess that most of the people here will not tell you either. Be happy you have a car, be thankful that your dad cares enough to attempt to keep you safe and alive. You have a cool car, you have an engine that can get out of your hands fast enough, get some experience under your belt, learn about the car and how a car handles in different situations and then once you have a few years of driving under your belt then get the toy to play with.

I had a 66 Mustang with a L6 as my first car. I was driving in the rain and took a corner too fast. At 16 I "knew" how to drive better than anyone else on the road... Yea right... I spun the car and almost ended up going off the road down a 50' cliff. (no guardrailings here). This scared the hell out of me. I worked at McD's where I got off work in the middle of the night and I would use the big open parking lot to teach myself how to gain control of a spin. I got better at it but I was still far from perfect and still had alot to learn. About a year later I hit some water on the freeway and the tail of my car came around on me... I corrected for it, which I was pretty good at doing... and I still didnt get it back in time the car hit the jersey wall and it was totaled. I had 4 others with me. I was driving too fast for the storm we were driving through, and my confidnece of youth caused me to not take the care that was needed. I could have killed my friends or some one else that night. My next car was a 66 Mustang GT with a 289 and a 4 speed. This car was quick, not fast. It would do mid 13s on the 1320, yes i did find its top speed was about 100, and I will admit that it was stupid of me to be driving that fast. This car was too much for a young driver. I had 3 things going for me, keeping me from abusing that car's power. One was my dad would have sold the car out from under me for pennies and kept the money if I ever got caught street racing. Two, found out how easy it was to lose control of the car, even tho I thought I could handle anything that was put in front of me. and Three I brought home a car that looked like hell and turned it into a show winner. See the pics below. The transformation took about $2000 of my own money and 9 months. I still had a lot to do but the rest was hidden.

Here is what I dragged home... This was the day I started on the body work.
Name:  mustang2-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  48.4 KB

This is the last pic I took of the car before selling it. I am the goofy looking kid. At the time of this pic I was 19. This was about 2 weeks after I witnessed the young girl die from racing her bf.
Name:  mustang.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  73.8 KB

Massey

Quick Reply: Turbocharger