Tails and sidemarkers

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 03:10 PM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director
Default Tails and sidemarkers

I have been looking for a set of LED tails and side markers for my 95. I keep running across bulbs, which is fine, but im not sure if thats the best route.

I want to maintain the look, of the stock lights and not add the euro tails, but cant find any that maintain the look with the appropriate LED ballasts on the back. If i can get bulbs that I know will be at least half again brighter than what I have currently, I will buy them. but if not I would rather have a whole balast that i know will be brighter.

For reference, I am going to do the HID sealed beam replacements (that i found already) and I want all my lights to be bright enough that people will notice them. I live in an area where people like to ignore other cars, and I get close to accidents more often than I like, because I have dim lights...

I will also be doing a full interior LED upgrade at this time. (thanks Chaotic)

Any recommendations?

Old 01-29-2012, 06:58 PM
3rd Gear Member

CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts

there are some Regular style LED tail lights from spec-D

Old 01-29-2012, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Looks kinda odd on a car that's almost 2 decades old... I'd just upgrade the bulbs.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:38 AM
2nd Gear member

such products?
Front Parking Light. Bulb Type: 3157 - 1996 Chevy Camaro Front Parking Lights - Putco PTC-FR-PARK-LIGHT
but in my country u can have it for 4 $ sure not same quality, but I gues 47 $ is 2 much.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by slick's camaro
CARiD.com - Car Accessories &*Parts

there are some Regular style LED tail lights from spec-D
Originally Posted by Catmaigne
Looks kinda odd on a car that's almost 2 decades old... I'd just upgrade the bulbs.
I like those alright Slick, but I agree with Catmaigne, I was looking for something that looks closer to stock. If i need to go with bulbs that's fine, i just don't know about resistors and such. I've not done that before. The whole reason i was looking into light ballasts is that the LED ballasts have resistors built in. If the bulbs have them built in I'm set...

Originally Posted by androzer
such products?
Front Parking Light. Bulb Type: 3157 - 1996 Chevy Camaro Front Parking Lights - Putco PTC-FR-PARK-LIGHT
but in my country u can have it for 4 $ sure not same quality, but I gues 47 $ is 2 much.
I've found similar bulbs. But here in the U.S. they are going to charge us unreasonably for those. This does look to be the route im heading. Ill wait for a few days and keep my eyes open. As it currently sits to replace every bulb in the car with an multi-LED bulb its going to run $407.00 (this doesn't include my headlights, which im converting to HID for $176.00) which could be a whole hell of a lot worse.