Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   T-Tops- Do You Use Them? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/t-tops-do-you-use-them-24012/)

MassholeLT1 02-02-2008 09:42 PM

T-Tops- Do You Use Them?

I was just wondering how many- if any of you- routinely use their T-Tops, and in what circumstance they do so (long trips, around town etc..). I find myself never using them really because of the security aspect- if I want to leave the car for even a couple of minutes I get nervous having them off. What do you guys do to get some use out of your T-Tops?

The Banks 02-02-2008 09:51 PM

RE: T-Tops- Do You Use Them?

I usually try to take them off after school on Fridays, other than that, when I go cruising on the weekend. Probably use them 3-4 times a month. I also take out the shades when it is usually cloudy/overcast to have a nice glass roof to look out of without having the sun beat down on meand the interior.

MassholeLT1 02-02-2008 09:55 PM

Oh and for you poor saps up north- the poll only applies to the spring\summer\early fall- just the months you could actually go topless

th3po1son 02-02-2008 09:58 PM

I use them almost all the time, unless its raining or cold. But I put in the shades when its really sunny so the leather doesnt get ****ed up... case its already kinda hard and dry

CRanMaro99 02-02-2008 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: M*******LT1

Oh and for you poor saps up north- the poll only applies to the spring\summer\early fall- just the months you could actually go topless
Since I live in Seattle, I voted by this statement.

Artigo 02-02-2008 11:40 PM

Negative.

95 5speed 02-03-2008 10:15 AM

Yea, I'll take them off after school and drive home with them off. so I guess like 2-3 times a week I would say but since its winter here its cold and im like psshhh

MassholeLT1 02-03-2008 11:38 AM

That's it you guys have inspired me- next nice day I'm taking them off and going for a long cruise....

z28pete 02-03-2008 12:10 PM

The last car I owned with a T top was a 68 Vette. One day I drove over a puddle with the top off and the front wheels threw a bucketful of muddy water over the top of the windshield and gave me a bath. Never took the top off again, and never bought a T top again.

6v49der 02-03-2008 02:02 PM

What were you doing near a muddy puddle in a vette anyway pete? I use mine all the time when its warm, and my car didnt have the shades when I bought it sooo....but during the summer all the time, almost anytime I'm driving somewhere, I really dont mind gettin em out and puttin em and doing it over and over again.