Summit Racing X-pipe kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Summit Racing X-pipe kit

There's an X-pipe kit on Summit Racing for like $230. I think you have to cut it to fit the car, but how much would a shop charge to have this kit fit onto LT headers and have mufflers welded on.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 PM
3rd Gear Member

Just get the Texas Speed Rumbler. It is made for fbodies and slip fit style longtubes. It comes with bullet mufflers already welded with turndowns.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
Just get the Texas Speed Rumbler. It is made for fbodies and slip fit style longtubes. It comes with bullet mufflers already welded with turndowns.
I like the look of tips better. Suppose you could just cut off the turndowns and weld tips on?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

Its very hard to run true duals on fbodies. The Rumbler dumps the exhaust before the rear tires because fitting exhaust piping out the back is challenging and sometimes impossible unless you have the correct suspension modifications or you reduce the pipe diameter and do not use mandrel bends. Kooks released their own full true dual exhaust setup, and it is extremely costly and still requires modification to the suspension, namely the panhard bar.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Its very hard to run true duals on fbodies. The Rumbler dumps the exhaust before the rear tires because fitting exhaust piping out the back is challenging and sometimes impossible unless you have the correct suspension modifications or you reduce the pipe diameter and do not use mandrel bends. Kooks released their own full true dual exhaust setup, and it is extremely costly and still requires modification to the suspension, namely the panhard bar.
Looking at an LT1 on CL that already has LT headers, ORY, and SLP LM1. That would save me a good amount of money.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM
3rd Gear Member

That is not a true dual setup though, you are aware of that yes? That will be a raspy setup, even on an LT1 car, you will grow tired of it real quick so definately have a backup exhaust plan

Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 PM
In the Staging Lanes

That is not a true dual setup though, you are aware of that yes? That will be a raspy setup, even on an LT1 car, you will grow tired of it real quick so definately have a backup exhaust plan

I know its not true duals but its still a good setup. If that car sells before I can buy it I'm going for an LT1 with an A4 that appears to have stock exhaust. i would have to buy LT's, and maybe that true dual setup you showed me.