Sub Models

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Default Sub Models

I want to get a 4th gen Camaro sometime next year. I want to know the difference between all the submodels. Z28,RS,SS and any of the ones I missed. I want to know like Engines and sizes. And transmissions. Along with other options available on the different models. I tried searching everywhere on the internet. And I tried searching on here maybe not good enough so if there is something somewhere please just give me the link and close this thread. Thanks in advanced from anyone that helps. Oh I'm new by the way Names Skylor.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Overdrive Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-...evrolet_Camaro

No comment on your searching abilities...

Old 02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Overdrive Member

There is a big discussion on the differences between the Z28 and SS in the SLP SS/Special Edition sub-section of the 4th Gen section, it should still be on the first page.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:47 AM

02- I want a 2002 prefferably but it does not say anything about submodels under the 02 category?

95 Thank you very much for your reply I will definetley go check it out.

Anyone else with maybe a list of the different sub models and their motors trannys and options? prefferably from an 02 if they differ any? Thank you very much for your help Skylor

Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Droid

This MSN site hsa most of the specs and options.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...t&model=Camaro

Old 02-05-2009, 10:19 AM

That helped me alot but what about the SS and idk if there was an RS sub model for the 4th gens. And I know they had the Special Editon models because it was the last camaro's they were making but I'm assuming the coupe is just the Base model and then the Z-28 then Idk what the convertiable is maybe just a Base model also? then the Z-28 Convertable. Also what was the top of the line 02 Camaro? From what I got from the other post about the argument the SS was top of the line with a sort of Aftermarket Line from SLP? not sure if this is correct and Sorry for the long post.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:24 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Dont worry about the long posts. It happens. At least its legable. I think the questions isnt so much 'what are the options' as much as 'what do you want'? SO , what do you want in a car?
There is even a better set of questions;
What are your plans?
daily driver or weekender?
racing? drag, strip, course?
Showing it off?
These questions, once answered will better define what you are looking for.

I understand that knowledge is power, but you must learn the use of such knowledge to make the most potential power.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 AM

My plans will hopefully be a heavy street build not too extreme but I wanna get the most out of the car while still being able to drive it on the street without much trouble. Seeing as how I have a DD it will most likely be a summer and weekend car. Something that I can go cruise around in but will most definetly not drive it in the winter and probly not when it rains. Especially if it is built seeing as how it won't handle worth **** in either of the conditons with any kind of power. I will probly drag every now and then whenever we have local drags at the airport. Those are usually once a month during the summer months so not too much but enough to justify a heavy street build. I definetly want something that will look good but also retain the stock features. Nothing extravagant. Just stock hood bumpers and everything else with a nice spray job and maybe a few little things here and there. I want a nice high quality interior for when I go cruising with the girlfriend. So basically thats why I was looking at the top of the line camaro because it will have the most horsepower stock even though it will get modded. And it will have the most agressive looking exterior I assume. I also assume it will have a nicer interior? maybe leather? not really sure because I don't know much about them yet but thats why I am here. Thank you very much for your reply and I hope ym decription will help you better to help me decide which Camaro I want.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Overdrive Member

With what you want to do with the car you're going to want to go with a Z28 or an SS. The SS has a more aggressive look due to the hood scoop and revised rear spoiler, but you'll get the same performance out of either of them. Other than that, interior, transmission, features etc. all depend on what it was ordered with from the factory. Anything from 1998 to 2002 has the same exterior, so don't count out the earlier years, unless you really really want a 2002.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:05 PM

So what your saying is the Z28 and SS were the top of the line Camaro's with the SS having a little more agressive styling? But have the most performane out of the bunch? So either one of this is good but the SS will be more my style you think?

Quick Reply: Sub Models