Saying Goodbye to My LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Saying Goodbye to My LS1

I've decided to sell my 2001 WS6. As much as I love my T/A I've decided that I miss the sound, smell, and feel of an old car. Before when I've went out shopping for a car I've been very specific on what I'm looking for but not this time around. I'm now open to almost any make and model out there. I've looked at Chargers, Coronets, and a bunch of other old MOPARs. I'm giving very strong consideration to 77 to 79 Trans Ams. I've already owned a 78 Z28 so I'm going to stay away from those, been there done that. Basically I'm just trying to narrow down what I want and to tell you the truth I'm having one hell of a time doing it. After I sell my T/A I'll have around 10,000 to play with ideally. That rules out most of the old muscle cars like Chargers and GTO's. I can get a pretty nice 77 T/A for around that. I could possibly get a small loan but don't want much of one hanging over my head. What I'm looking for is a car that's driveable and in decent shape. At the moment I don't have the resources to undertake a huge project, a small one, but nothing major. I'm looking for something that's just going be fun to drive and build up as I go. I'd appreciate any advice on cars that you guys think I should take a closer look at or any cars that aren't always the popular ones that people think of when they think of a classic muscle or pony car. Also, as far as numbers matching and all tha bull****, it doesn't matter to me. I only mention that if you guys know of a good website or other source to find cars like what I'm looking for.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Overdrive Member

Well, I'm not exactly sure where you can go to look specifically for older cars.

Hey Spartan, it looks like someone has an LS1 T/A for you finally!

Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Spartan isn't allowed to own nice cars anymore- with his history, he's only allowed to buy POS imports that cost less than $500. At least that way, when he completely ruins it, it's not something that anyone will care about.

Try Kijiji, Craigslist and such, but without knowing where you are or what your definition of "old" is, I don't think we can help you find very much

Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 AM
3rd Gear Member

i think nova's are awesome but 10k might not be enough. i LOVE 78-80 camaro's but u said you had one. all the old muscle cars i lik would take more than 10k. but try ebay craigslist and i believe autotrader has an older thing. o and dont dis on ebay cars i bought mine on ebay and stole it from the guy. and my brother just bought a nice 91 with a carbed 355 for real cheap.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by BAN WS6
I only mention that if you guys know of a good website or other source to find cars like what I'm looking for.
ive seen a few nice muscle cars on racingjunk.com, and a few on autotraderclassics.com hope this helps. I got a soft spot for the 77-79 t/a's as well.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Say its not so say its not so

Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
3rd Gear Member

o yea racingjunk.com is full of cars all kinds pro mod-top fuel-just everyday muscle cars

Old 02-16-2009, 09:56 AM
2nd Gear member

ebay will be your friend in this endeavor.

Got pics of the WS6 before you put her up for sale locally?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:36 PM
VIP member

Originally Posted by Saint Ebony
Spartan isn't allowed to own nice cars anymore- with his history, he's only allowed to buy POS imports that cost less than $500. At least that way, when he completely ruins it, it's not something that anyone will care about.
that also goes for yenko LOL

Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok... maybe I wasn't quite clear enough about what I want. When I say old... I guess I'm looking for something 1980 or earlier. One of the things that annoys me about my car now is maintenance. When I had my 78 Z28 if something went wrong I had a pretty damn good idea of where to at least start. When something goes wrong with my T/A now I don't even know where to start due to all the computer systems and **** on board. I'm looking to simplify, get back to the basics when cars were simple. I've owned a 78 Camaro, 83 T/A, and obviously my current WS6. I was looking at some 69 Mustangs and 69 Camaros. Both looked really appealling but I feel I've gone the pony car route and want to possibly branch out. My 2nd choice ideally to the 77 T/A is a 69 Charger but I do realize that 10,000 will only take me so far. With a loan I can go up to 15000 but don't want a huge payment hanging over my head each month. As far as the condition of the car is concerned I really only want a decent body and frame, backed up with a solid drive train. The interior I could give less of a **** about and as far as paint is concerned, faded or no paint is not a problem. I don't like show cars and don't intend to build this one up to show quality. Ideally I'd like something I could through some race seats in, bedline the interior metal, and just spend all my money dumping into the engine, suspension etc. Think of a Pro-Street car just not built for 1/4 mile races only. Something that definitely isn't going to win any awards at a car show but at the same time not look like a total piece of **** going down the road. Not sure if this posts helps clarify what I'm looking for or not, hope it does. Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I'll definitely check them out.

By the way, I realize that I mentioned Mustangs in a Camaro forum, try not to be too harsh.
If you were wanting to view my T/A now you can check it out on www.fquick.com/banws6.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to My LS1