Rotors and Pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:36 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Rotors and Pads

Anyone try these? There off Ebay. Junk or decent enough for a driver? Anyone use these?

Premium Performance CAMARO FIREBIRD DRILLED SLOTTED BRAKE ROTORS & PADS F/R | eBay

Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Overdrive Member

Just buy quality blanks and skip drilled & slotted -- Bosch Quietcast coated rotors is what I went with. Hawk HPS pads for better bite than stock.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Just buy quality blanks and skip drilled & slotted -- Bosch Quietcast coated rotors is what I went with. Hawk HPS pads for better bite than stock.

Why dont you like D&S?

Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 AM
4th Gear Member

Just not worth it on a DD. They may run cooler and what not, but they eat through pads pretty fast. Plus, if they're not drilled (or dimpled in EBC's case) right they tend to crack and even the ones that are done right are still prone to do so. Why go with a expensive alternative that aren't gonna be put to full use and have a greater tendency to fail when stock rotors from your local parts store will last years (granted you aren't the type to slam on the breaks 10ft from the red light).

I have Wearever Rotors and Wearever Silver pads on the front of mine and they do just fine for my daily commutes. I've had them on since Novemberish and barely show any wear even after every other weekend 160 mile trips.

Last edited by MKCoconuts; 07-03-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

Agreed. Unless your a road racer or something, your wasting your money. Drilled rotors will crack. Dimpled and slotted eat through pads.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 AM
2nd Gear member

But theyre so preeeeeety!! I would only really want them for the aesthetics mostly. I love the look of drilled rotors. I could live without the slots. And 180 bucks shipped seems pretty cheap to me.... Im guessing the stock stuff will cost me about 100 for all 4 rotors and 50 for front and rear pads... so for 30-40 more dollars it seems like a good buy. I guess it wouldnt really be a daily driver, just a weekend kinda car.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by 2Z's
And 180 bucks shipped seems pretty cheap to me....
You said the magic word, cheap. Chances are great those rotors are made from C.C.C. metal (Cheap China Crap). Drilled and slotted doesn't do anything for you on the road as you're not on the brakes that much. My brother had put on some nifty no name brand rotors and pads like that (different and smaller/lighter car), and after 30k miles or so, the rotors were worn down smooth. That's a lot of wear, and that's the thing about a no name, you don't know what you're getting. I've always had good results using Raybestos parts, good name brand, work well, and they last. Others here have their own favorites as well.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Oh, and if you're going to go with those drilled & slotted rotors, might as well give it the finishing touch with these: Cross Drilled Brake Lines
Look around on that site, they have a lot of cool useful stuff.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:23 AM
3rd Gear Member

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...rotor-package/

Real good deal on quality, OEM replacement rotors. You can choose how you want them; just drilled, drilled and slotted, blank, etc. These have a good reputation on ls1tech and ws6store never seems to disappoint. I plan on going with these some time soon as well

Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i have powerstops on mine and they work fine. tried some of the cheap ones and they warped in a couple months. no bad warp just enough to make it noticeable.

Quick Reply: Rotors and Pads