radiator help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Question radiator help

Does anyone know were i could get a all aluminum radiator for a lt1 camaro for a reasonable cost?

Old 01-03-2013, 01:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Talking

Define reasonable. Classic industries, or Year One, has them, or any speed shop or just Google it. You'll find them everywhere. But reasonable compared to what? You know your going to spend more than a stock one right? Reasonable isn't a term you can include in the same sentence with aftermarket upgrades. I believe its an oxymoron,lol.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by FBodyjunkie
Define reasonable. Classic industries, or Year One, has them, or any speed shop or just Google it. You'll find them everywhere. But reasonable compared to what? You know your going to spend more than a stock one right? Reasonable isn't a term you can include in the same sentence with aftermarket upgrades. I believe its an oxymoron,lol.
I agree with FBodyJunkie. Reasonable is a relative word. Reasonable for me might be $200 and someone else might be $700. I would suggest going to a radiator repair shop you trust and seeing about ordering one from them. In most cases to get the sale they will eat the shipping cost and the price will usually be about the same. However if you do not have one around you, you might want to order from a reputable dealer of aftermarket radiators. Classic industries is who I would go with if I had to.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
3rd Gear Member

Camaroboi, just wondering if you are just upgrading or what reason would you like to have an all aluminum radiator. The last time I ordered one for a Chevrolet truck, this was a direct replacement type, it was aluminum with plastic tanks. Not to expensive and has worked really well. Just throwing it out there as an option.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 PM
4th Gear Member

Not sure what benefit you are looking for by switching to an all aluminum radiator? The stock one's cool the engine just fine. Besides, the LT1 likes to run a little hot.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I just rebuilt a lt1 and i want a aluminum radiator definitely for the benefit of and aluminum radiator but more for the look under the hood thats y i say a reasonable price but i know jegs have one for 562 i was just seeing if anyone knew of a better price

Old 01-04-2013, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

In order to meet emissions, GM designed that engine to run hot. If your just changing it for looks, then it will most likely run at the same temp if you leave the same thermostat. Even if you get it to run cooler, by putting in a 160 or 180, the engine probably won't get hot enough to meet emissions.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 AM
4th Gear Member

I could think of 10 things off the top of my head that $500 could go towards to benefit a Camaro, and an aluminum radiator isn't on that list! Haha

Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I don't think I'd go outta my way just to swap in an aluminum radiator, but if mine was bad it would make the decision a little easier.
Be Cool makes one for your car: Be Cool Custom-Fit Aluminum Radiator For 93-02 Camaro/Firebird
Of course, you can find less expensive no name brands on flebay, but I can't vouch for the quality. 1982 1993 Camaro Firebird Aluminum Radiator w A T | eBay

Last edited by Camaro 69; 01-04-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 PM
3rd Gear Member

I am running a nice Howe all aluminum to cool down the BBC works great. I had to buy a new radiator anyway though. So therefore I could justify spending the extra cash.

Quick Reply: radiator help