? for the Pro's....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Exclamation ? for the Pro's....

multiple misfires on a 2001 camaro SS....so i isolated the cylinders and made sure the coils/wires/plugs were in order. Same problem, So i took of the intake manifold and replaced the cam sensor. Now cylinders 2/4/8 are misfiring instead of 3/4 which originally were. What the F is going on this car runs like *** right now and Im out of ideas...any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!! thanks, TJ

Old 08-15-2009, 07:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Maybe fuel injectors, fuel filter, or fuel pump? A while back I had a cylinder 6 misfire, changed all my plugs and wires (was needed anyways), ran some injector cleaner in the gas, swapped the #6 injector with another one to see if the problem followed the injector, but it went away. Hope this helps.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If you have any buds with the same car I would try swapping the MAF sensor. These can fail and throw random misfire codes. Also make sure you have NO vacuum leaks. Try piching off the brake booster hose with the engine running to see if anything changes. If your car has any other large hoses running off of intake vacuum try pinching those off 1 by 1 as well. The easiest way to check for vac leaks is with a can of carb clean spraying all along intake and related components with the engine running and lookin for a change in idle or running condition. Don't do this if you painted any of the upper engine parts though, or spray near hot parts, electrical parts., etc. Propane can be used as well but isn't as easy. I know it sounds stupid but also check your intake bellow for proper fit at throttle body, it is easy to roll the edge over and not make a good seal. Especially when your car is pissing you off.