POSSIBLE TRADE FOR A......

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default POSSIBLE TRADE FOR A......

hey guys i got a 1970 k5 blazer thats not running but a excellent project car..i have it posted on craigslist in the sacramento are but some guy wants to trade me for a 2000 pontiac Firebird v6 5spd with 120,xxx miles!!! im only 16 and in need of a car, but i was originally lookin for a ws6 or just a trans am!! let me know if u think this is a good trade..or if even any of u guys want to trade me let me know..will take camaros tooo!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:40 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: POSSIBLE TRADE FOR A......

I don't know too much about K5 Blazers or what you would be asking, but that guy's Firebird is probably worth about $5,000-$6,0000 depending on the condition and options. If you are willing to settle for a V6 theres no problem with that. 3.8 Series II's are great reliable engines, and it will give you time to get use to the car before you move up to an LS1/LT1. Not only will you have a sweet mode of transportation, but being a new driver the 3.8 will hopefully keep you out of trouble, and keep insurance costs low.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yea well i booked out the car and it was worth about 5-6 thousand so thats good for me. im just picky for what type of car im getting and seeing that it had that high of mileage already it kind of bothered me a little...uhhm how does exhausts sound on these v6s i dont know much about them so if u can give me as much info on v6's cuz i really only did my hw on the ls1/lt1 so yea let me know cuz im really interested in getting the best sounding exhaust for cheap so shoot me some ideas THANKS!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'm hoping to get a Dynomax dual outlet muffler for Christmas. Dynomax makes quieter exhaust, but according to some flow comparison charts on their website it flows better than Magnaflow and Flowmaster. The muffler guy I got an estimate from puts Dynomax on a lot of muscle cars he has come in. He even put it on his Oldsmobile track car, and my dad's 79' Vette. In the video I'm not sure of whether that person has a muffler or catback, and what type of Dynomax muffler they have on. If I had to guess I would say the Super Turbo. Stats listed and linked are just for the Super Turbo muffler.A catback with that muffler would be even better.

Two vids from the same guy with Dynomax on his 3.8.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&plindex=3

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&plindex=2

A link to the Super Turbo page:

http://www.dynomax.com/products/superturbo.html

This is a flow comparison chart for Dynomax's Super Turbo muffler alone: