Please help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Default Please help me!!!

[:@] I have a 1998 black Camaro! She is beautiful!! Shes my first new car!! Well anyway I need to tell you that I am having trouble. real trouble with her. My husband went out and bought the expensive reader for her. We went through all the codes it stated with what was wrong with her. All the way from a $375.00 fuel pump to the $209.00 body control module as well as the ecm. Everytime we try to start her she will not turn over..we went and replaced the throttle position sensor, the mass air flow sensor, all o2 sensors, Fuel pressure regulator, Map sensor, replaced all the coils and the module, all of the grounds, replaced most of the wiring to the sensors, the egr valve, the purge canister valve, gas cap, all o rings that aren't on the engine itself, the computer, as well as taken care of , the ignition switch on the bottom of the column as well as put in a new ignition lock cylinder, the grounds inside the car and along the dash.

When we go to start the car, she doesn't start.
I think this really started happening when I would turn on my car and my security light would come on when I was driving her. I had no problem driving her with the light on. Yes we did purchase new keys for her too. Then if I were in the park ready to leave work she would not release herself out of park. I would have to wait about ten minutes after I would turn the key before I could move my shifter. Eventually she started her acceleration problems and the jerking motion when you would be driving her.
When she did operate before she went down when we started running into complications she was running like she had no gas when you had your foot on the accelorator pedal. She was doing a jerking movement when you would be driving her and you would wonder if you were going to make it home. And now she doesnt want to start. Please try to answer me seriously because we have invested in so much money on her and I hate to see the expression on my husbands face when he comes in from working on her. He is so disappointed Thanks for your support!!!

We had problems with this car a few years back doing the same thing it's doing now. It was some bad grounds last time but there aren't any grounds left to replace or check. Before he replaced the body control module the fuel pump would continually do the prime cycle before bumping the starter.

The gauges are pegging when we go to start the car, what have we missed? Anything? Should we just burn the thing to the ground? Help!