A plea from a humble v6 owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member
Default A plea from a humble v6 owner

This is to all you 4th-gen v8 owners out there:

If you drive a v8, especially one that you have modified past factory specs, and you know for a fact that it can blow us away, please do us a favor. Leave us the hell alone. I love my six-banger. It's sexy, sleek, and a work in progress. I must say it's a little more than embarrassing when a car full of you and your friends pulls up next to me and completely obliterates me at a green light, and even more so when you're recording the whole thing, laughing the whole time. I'm sure plenty of RS and Base model owners on this site can agree with me, or can at the very least understand my feelings on this topic

Thank you, and have a nice day

Old 04-21-2012, 05:48 PM
3rd Gear Member

rofl.

Yeah, I spend my day stalking six banger fbodies, looking to wipe the floor with them....

come on now, way to generalize everyone with a v8. I can do the same thing; to all you v6 owners, stop complaining, period. This site specifically, everyone seems to get into an uproar if someone dare says their v8 has an advantage over a six banger.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
rofl.

Yeah, I spend my day stalking six banger fbodies, looking to wipe the floor with them....

come on now, way to generalize everyone with a v8. I can do the same thing; to all you v6 owners, stop complaining, period. This site specifically, everyone seems to get into an uproar if someone dare says their v8 has an advantage over a six banger.
Forgive me, perhaps I was too general with my post. I didn't mean to demonize EVERYONE that has owned or currently owns a v8, this was more directed at the ones that flaunt it in a negative way. I know that the LS1 (Especially the SLP LS1, the one that defecated all over me) has an advantage over the LT1, but I just can't stand the superiority complex of the people that make a negative point of it.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 PM
2nd Gear member

Having been an owner of both v6 and v8 f bodies, I give respect to other f bodies, and dish the hate to the rice burners I see around town.

Have you found this video on youtube yet? lol

Old 04-21-2012, 08:06 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DDRDiesel
Forgive me, perhaps I was too general with my post. I didn't mean to demonize EVERYONE that has owned or currently owns a v8, this was more directed at the ones that flaunt it in a negative way. I know that the LS1 (Especially the SLP LS1, the one that defecated all over me) has an advantage over the LT1, but I just can't stand the superiority complex of the people that make a negative point of it.
does it matter? The speed limit on most of the highways around me is 70mph. I like my V8 cars however I've also driven a new sixer Stang as well as the new WRX (not the STI) and lemme tell you...........the Stang sixer is fun but the WRX.......I think I will end up getting one

so who cares what's under your hood; there will always be a faster car

Old 04-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Overdrive Member

What about the 5th Gen V6s that come up and roast your behind? lol There's ALWAYS a bigger fish -- get over it!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

There is nothing new about 6 cylinder Camaros. They are what they are and any modified V8 guy that get kicks out of racing them..... lets just say I put them in the level as the guy in high school that beat up the retarded kid. eeww tuff guy...

Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I race everyone in my v8......................duramax towing my v8 racecar that is.

I've beaten some people towing the car, THATS sad

Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 AM
3rd Gear Member

I'm the opposite I always start shat with v8 but for fun. Never anything stupid or dangerous. Now the ricers that pull up annoy me I don't even bother with them.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM
2nd Gear member

Me, I like both the V8s and the V6s. My V6 is nice for the fun factor + fuel economy. It's my DD, so comfort and economy are my primary concerns there. I wouldn't mind having an LS1 Camaro too, but my V6 fits my needs. Besides, I have a 2-seater LS1 for speed needs.

In the end, we should all be getting along and just appreciate a fellow Camaro or Firebird owner. As was said, there will always be someone faster, so just enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: A plea from a humble v6 owner