Opps! Forgot to lock the doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

He wants 3400 because it has two seats...
I think 1500 is the right price; maybe generous with the damage.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Overdrive Member

The car is not worth it. I went back and drove the thing and I could not wait to get back to the dealer. The front suspension is messed up and the trans is toast. The engine was strong but when you punch it the engine revvs good but you dont really move very well. OH and I think that no spings in the front would have a better ride than what ever was there.

Massey

Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I am a little curious as to why you are looking into a 3.4? Big plans for it or a daily driver? I think $1500 with all that body work was too high. Around me you can find decent 3.4 with a few dings and scratchs for $1800 all day long. If you are willing to do a set of head gaskets you can get one for around $800. Heck with motor issues they are worth about what the front clip brings

Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Overdrive Member

I dont really care what engine, I just want an early 4th gen with a V6 and I prefer a hard top just in case I decide to build a drag racer out of it later. Right now my wife and I are just looking for a backup car or decient truck. In this area trucks no matter how old or beat up seem to catch a permium so we have been looking at older 4th gens. If we get one cheap enough that may need a little work, I will get her squared away and drive it as a back up or use it for trade in fodder. If it is not traded in, when my son gets old enough (or my daughter if she is more interested) I am going to teach them about cars and have him/her out fixing it up with me. Hoping that if they put their money and time into the car they will take better care of it than if it was just handed to them.

I dont plan on selling Sarah any time soon and will prolly keep driving her until I cant get in or out any more... My wife feels the same about her Z28 as well.

Massey

Old 01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Last winter I was able to pick up a 96 Tahoe for 2K, Hi miles and a few problems. It need the steel brake lines replaces. Its been running like a champ in the snow this year.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 PM
3rd Gear Member

camaros going for sale all day long?? where are you gorn?? and when you cant go in and out of that z massey, give me a shout

Old 01-20-2011, 11:37 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by auto
camaros going for sale all day long?? where are you gorn??
I am in Allentown PA, for $1800 you can buy 93-95 V6 Camaros all day long at any one of the car auction that happen weekly around this country. I know we talked about this before when we where talking about your car. I have since bought a one of cheap cars with a blown motor I always talk about.

https://camaroforums.com/forum/showt...hlight=Project

Old 01-20-2011, 01:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

holey moley 1500 for that car, you`ve got a better memory than me, dont be surprised if you see mine rolling around that area when it gets a a little warmer

Old 01-23-2011, 05:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Somebody has to be buying these overpriced Camaros though. In the next town over there's a couple of guys that specialize in 4th Gen Camaros. From what I can tell they sell atleast 3 or 4 Camaros a year, and I've never seen a price tag of less then $7 grand on one. I usually stop and look at them anyway, and the last one I saw desperately needed a full paint job (and had a price tag of something like $8 grand). I don't know what they did with it, but it isn't there now. Of coarse a Camaro is worth a few dollars more on this side of the Canadian border.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes

dud you can pick up arelativly nice v6 for 2000 if you look around and take you time, that one sounds kinda ify...

Quick Reply: Opps! Forgot to lock the doors