Okay boys, camaro is coming home tomarrow

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by maudyZ28
I got EFIlive for mine now so ill scan mine and tell you the air bag sensor things that went on mine (there are 4 so far) Like I said before I didn't relace then so just took the bulb out so my codes are still there.
Do you have any laws by you stating that an airbag equipped car has to stay that way? Just thinking if you have a passenger in the car and they are injured in a crash, they could say it was from lack of an airbag that should have been there. People can, and do, sue for any reason.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Overdrive Member

ABS and TRAC are based on the same systems and more than likely the problem there is from a wheel sensor that is not hooked up or a wire may have been broken in the accident. Just inspect all the wires really good and see if you can find something.

Massey

Old 06-19-2010, 02:38 PM
3rd Gear Member

first a thanks to everyone for the input
got the car today, the boys at the shop had run the scan for the abs and cleared it, i believe the driver side wire wasnt making right contact and needed a cleaning, they got a snap on computer to do the scan so on monday i will take it around we`ll see what we find.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

almost forgot....HEY Maudy!! whats cookin?

also i drove the car it and the airbag light stays on, didnt pop so i think i will be fine till we scan monday. other than that i just need to line up the lights in the night and take it for a wheel alignment

Old 06-20-2010, 07:44 AM
3rd Gear Member

camaro69, nope, its not a legal requirement to have an airbag for the vehicle test, but strangly the warning light must not be on. Ie if they are there and intacked they must be functional OR removed completely from the system. What other way do you get arund an aftermarket steering wheel if they have to be airbag equipped? Lucky the UK isn't as bad as the states just yet fr the whole "i'm gonna sue you for getting fat from eating my mc D's burger" But its getting that way

Auto, Headers are cooking lol, got the true duals on now sounds mint Glad yours is back on the road, i'll scan mine today and get you the codes too, let you know where is says where the modules are

Old 06-20-2010, 10:57 AM
3rd Gear Member

ok auto this is what mine says, if it help you any detecting what might need replacing

b0017 - left front/driver knee deployment loop
b0026 - left front/driver frontal deployment expansion control circuit
b0051 - battery cut off deployment loop
b0053 - deployment commanded with loop DTCs present

Old 06-20-2010, 01:59 PM
3rd Gear Member

cool, thanks maudy i`ll get back to the airbags tomorrow afternoon, I have been hearing some stuff about a speed limiter, are any of you guys familiar with them? does it shut the engine off when you reach a certain speed? how could i shut it off? my neighbor gave me a computer for camaros, but im kinda scared to plug it in cuz im not sure if its compatible with my car, i`ll put a pic, you be the judge.

http://s1039.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0237.jpg

Old 06-20-2010, 02:18 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

all you need to do is copy the img code to your post and it show the picture. like this

your want the pictures sized at 640 or less on the big side.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Overdrive Member

That computer will read the CEL and most of the other systems in your car. It will also tune your computer, before you start messing with the tune make sure to back up the factory settings first. Good luck and sorry I dont know how to use that system.

Massey

Old 06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
3rd Gear Member

heh thanks massey, how would i go about backing up the factory tune? scared to plug that thing in. the security light came on today, i think the key cylinder isnt biting properly, cuz when i start and pull the key out a fraction the security light goes out..

Quick Reply: Okay boys, camaro is coming home tomarrow