No Longer Happy With V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default No Longer Happy With V6

I have gotten to the point where my 01 v6 vert no longer makes me smile like it used to. Though I am young (turning 20 soon) I cant help but feel that it isnt fast enough. Though I rarely drive at excessive speeds just having a car with the ***** to do it is something most car guys can understand. I have come to the time where I need to make a decision and either put money into it in the form of parts to improve performance (headers, catback, etc) or save the money and try and upgrade to a V8. I love camaros and I will not sell it unless I plan on getting a V8. My V6 is an automatic which bums me out and if I had to make the decision I would go back and have gotten t-tops with a V8 stick but most were out of my price range and I was inexperienced and didnt know better. Im just wondering what your guys's opinion is and if any one else has run into this sort of emotional problem lol and if you consider it worth trying to upgrade the V6 or if getting a V8 is just a better idea. The car is in decent shape, brand new top, 80k miles and it is a daily driver, but I have only put 8k miles on it in the 2yrs Ive had it.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I was in the same position as you about 1year ago. I used to have a 1996 3.8 firebird and I got sick of the under powered part to. I wasted a good amount of money trying to make it fast. then i just stopped wasting my time then got my 98 z28. I was like you. I never really drive fast or race around. I just like to have a car with *****. you know just incase some honda wants a kicking. From my past experience save up and buy a v8. I loved my firebird but i never look back now. My camaro is my love now. i got it for 5grand it had 138k on it when i got it has 145k now

Old 06-12-2011, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bill2129
I was in the same position as you about 1year ago. I used to have a 1996 3.8 firebird and I got sick of the under powered part to. I wasted a good amount of money trying to make it fast. then i just stopped wasting my time then got my 98 z28. I was like you. I never really drive fast or race around. I just like to have a car with *****. you know just incase some honda wants a kicking. From my past experience save up and buy a v8. I loved my firebird but i never look back now. My camaro is my love now. i got it for 5grand it had 138k on it when i got it has 145k now
exactly they are sweet cars but modern technology has kicked them in the nuts pretty hard

Old 06-12-2011, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

i also feel like the difference between t tops and convertible arnt huge, especially when i paid 1k-1.5k just so the top could go down, i expect to only get 5k-5.5k for the car though as i bought it for 5500 at a dealer excluding fees and taxes of course. unfortunatly i think i would need a few thousand more for a LS1 that i deem "acceptable"

Old 06-12-2011, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah its pretty gay. 10years ago they were pretty quick but now they got new v6 toyota camrys out performing them. Yours looks nice though. v6 or not just be happy with it until you have enough saved for the v8. And its a convert. Just in time for summer. even when you get the v8 its never fast enough. I don't even race mine but im getting long tubes and a tune just for the hell of it. and hopefully in a few years i can upgrade to a 2010 ss

Old 06-12-2011, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah its pretty gay. 10years ago they were pretty quick but now they got new v6 toyota camrys out performing them. Yours looks nice though. v6 or not just be happy with it until you have enough saved for the v8. And its a convert. Just in time for summer. even when you get the v8 its never fast enough. I don't even race mine but im getting long tubes and a tune just for the hell of it. and hopefully in a few years i can upgrade to a 2010 ss
if i got the V8 i understand that it wouldnt be my dream car, but it would be something i would hope to have for a while and it would be worth upgrading. and as for enjoying it for the summer...I am back in arizona on summer break and the car is enjoying my uncles garage in connecticut lol

Old 06-12-2011, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

No camaro at all!?!?!?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

No camaro at all!?!?!?
stop, your gonna make me cry

Old 06-12-2011, 06:09 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Sell and get a V8. Not worth swaping do to the cost, buy the time you build the V6 up to the same power you could have sold yours and saved the extra cash to pick up a LT1 or LS1. Its been talked about 500 million times.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

im completely differnt from you guys it seems, i just try to save the camaros i can get my hands on, which is just 2 so far

Quick Reply: No Longer Happy With V6