no fire

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah, i checked them all and the one for the 3x was bent a little but not to were it would effect it or cause bad contact... would i still get spark if the PCM went out?? and is the 3X crank sensor going to the ICM then to the PCM, or PCM to the ICM or is it "spliced" because they both use the 3X sensor. because theres no injector pulse or spark, it does not say if a faulty PCM would cause no spark or not on alldata.and another peice of info that im not sure if i mentioned or not but i had it scanned and no CURRENT codes were present,there were a few HISTORY codes like passkey,and cam sensor,

this is what it says on ALLDATA

Some control modules may have problems due to cracked solder joints on the circuit board. These internal control module problems can cause the following symptoms:

•FAILURE TO START or vehicle is stalling.
•The "CHECK ENGINE" "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" or "MALFUNCTION INDICATOR" light will flash or light up, but no trouble codes will be present.
•Vehicle instrument panel displays may be inoperative.
•The control module may or may not communicate with the scanner.
•Other intermittent driveability problems.

thanks again for all your help osduck, this is a kind of fun and frustrating project i hope we/i can figure this out soon

Last edited by NEW_CAMARO_OWNER; 07-31-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 AM
4th Gear Member

The only thing that still bothers me about the entire thread is the post where you posted exactly what your mechanic stated on the bill. He mentions security codes was still present after changing the key cylinder/switch. But, considering all of your issues are common with the "C" connection of the PCM and you have changed everything else, there isn't a lot left. Can you post the history codes? There is really no good description of the theory of operation between the PCM and ICM.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i didnt write down the history codes, and he didnt tell me/put them in the bill. the history codes that im talking about i had someone pull like a month before taking it to a mechanic. there is a women at the front desk that types up the bill so im not shure if it was realy security codes or if it was just a guess that the security was shutting it down. and if it was a security issues it wouldnt turn over,and if it was an intermitten security issue it would atleast try to start. what irritates me is that on the bill the put "original" estimate:$350 and they NEVER gave me an estimate (i asked 5+ different times). i realy dont trust anything they say, just a crooked little shop looking for easy money. i mean i could try and find someone with an obd1&2 scanner and have them scan it watch the sensors and whatnot see if theres anything unusual. but i have a fealing theres gonna be no current codes just like before.

Last edited by NEW_CAMARO_OWNER; 08-01-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM
4th Gear Member

Have you made anymore progress with your issue?

Old 08-11-2010, 05:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

NO, i sold it the other day i had to move on after months of iritation,and trying everything i/you guys could think of, now im looking at different camaros to buy, ill have a new one within a week, i sold it to an older guy and his son who needed a project, so atleast i know they will get her running or do a v8 swap