next mod suggestion....budget

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Default next mod suggestion....budget

ok i have on my 2000 Z28. sub frame connectors, 315/17/30 perelli P-zero road course tires, chromoly panhard bar, long tube headers off road Y pipe and flows cat back. and just as of recently put on LS6 intake (which by the way is the best money i've sent yet.

im not to familiar with these cars as far as modding wise.....what should be my next move. i was more leaning towards suspension because ever since this new intake the car gets hellish squirrely when i hit second. (automatic BTW) and suspension is usually cheaper anyways.

what would be your suggestions? kind of on a budget but i would be willing to shell out the cash for the parts i need.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Default RE: next mod suggestion....budget

bump....anyone have good suggestions?

Old 09-21-2007, 02:10 PM
2nd Gear member

I would do some more to the motor, maybe computer reprogram, somethin like that, build the power, then worry about the traction

Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: riceeater

I would do some more to the motor, maybe computer reprogram, somethin like that, build the power, then worry about the traction
comp already has a tune by texas speed and it has a freee tune for a eyar anytime i need one. just got it back after doing the intake. there is plenty of power because she still get loose in the rear. what kind of suspension do you suggest? if its getting loose now it can only get worse if i dont upgrade something. anyone have real suggestions

Old 09-21-2007, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear member

A cam would help

Old 09-21-2007, 04:10 PM

i was thinkin about the 4/7 swap but that would be much later. what about suspension?

Old 09-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Ninja Administrator

your suspension is pretty stout the way it is. get some control arm relocation brackets (about $100) and if you want get the LCA's too but you dont really need to. I would say get yourself some drag radials, probably nitto's if you want to drive your car around. I have nitto's and they hook great, do well in bad weather, and wear nice. ive put about 8k miles on them this summer and there is still plenty of tread left.

but i agree with above. you have the ls6 intake and LT's its time for a cam. Texas Speed sells cam kits with double springs for about 700, id save for that. are you auto or manual?

Old 09-21-2007, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

your suspension is pretty stout the way it is. get some control arm relocation brackets (about $100) and if you want get the LCA's too but you dont really need to. I would say get yourself some drag radials, probably nitto's if you want to drive your car around. I have nitto's and they hook great, do well in bad weather, and wear nice. ive put about 8k miles on them this summer and there is still plenty of tread left.

but i agree with above. you have the ls6 intake and LT's its time for a cam. Texas Speed sells cam kits with double springs for about 700, id save for that. are you auto or manual?
thank you for a real reply, this forum is pretty dead most of the time.....

im auto. i dont really want to vest into a shift kit or anything because i hear they're hard on your tranny and i dont want it to shift hard all the time, seems like it would be really uncomfortable to drive all the time.

why do you need relocation brackets? dont they just replace OE stampped control arms? someone suggested gears but i hear thats a bad idea basically because of how narrow our rear ends are and we should probly get a 12 bolt before we ever mess with gears.

ive been thinking about the cam but jeez, why does it break loose so easy?

Old 09-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Ninja Administrator

the brackets just change the angle of the control arm making it more difficult for the axle to "bunny hop". By moving the control arm down lower the axle must lift against the car more in order to rotate up. If you are auto you may not have as much problem with bunny hop, but its a good part either way.

as for breaking loose, you are on street radials. with the power your car makes, i dont care if you throw a 4xx/ tire under there, on that hard compound you will be able to tear it loose. If you want that under control get a set of drag radials. Nittos last the longest, Micky thompsons are the stickiest. but either way kiss fish-tailing goodbye.

the relocation brackets may help with that some too depending on what is causing you to lose traction.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:35 PM
2nd Gear member

yea....the rear end could be switched over to a 12 also....with the gears it'd be good.

Quick Reply: next mod suggestion....budget