new trans. mount causes more power on old motor mounts @ vibes @ idle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear member
Default new trans. mount causes more power on old motor mounts @ vibes @ idle?

title: new trans. mount causes more power on old motor mounts @ vibes @ idle?

we can rule out bad vacs tubing plastic all that was looked at by a qualified Tech / mechanic

I also had installed a transmission mount a new one that replaced the older one which could have messed up the differential if not replaced with a new one;

I also had professionally installed a Drive Shaft which broke, didn't connect and had me stalled on the road,

the new one probably is adding to much force on the old motor mounts since the car vibrates and shakes moderately at idle

i had the idle lowered
and spray was added to the intake manifold area
was asked by tech, when was last tune up 8 months ago by Midas so u know they installed factory good spark plugs and wiring.

the guy said he too felt the old motor mounts are a problem after he revved the engine and was told by me that I have just been adding Premium gas for the last 4 months.

all the motor mounts are on my car, they are present there, but said the mechanic, they are just old

new motor mounts may take the force of the new drive shaft and the new transmission mount I installed?

Any thoughts on this?

this is probably a $250 repair including labor?

I asked that since it seems like a way cheaper repair by a shop, since a hard-to-reach-oil-area-to-seal-a-1993-Camaro Oil leak cost 430 bucks which price included labor.

Kind of freaking out,

As an aside, I don't know why I wasn't offered a permanent fix by that general-mechanic, in fact his neighbor who I called a day later said he has no qualms, no reservations, no ethical concerns about me going to his shop 10 feet down. This mechanic also has amazing customer service reviews on his shop and he's a lot more I guess experienced as a result. The other shop who gave me a half crack diagnosis on the idle and told me they lowered it were younger more lax mechanics.

But then again have a Happy New Year everyone no matter what condition your 4th Gen. may be in. Where there's a will, there's a Way

Old 12-30-2015, 11:06 PM
2nd Gear member

so basically new drive shaft which replaced the broken one
and new transmission mount

both installed by a pro customer service high rating repair shops

causing too much power on Motor mounts which are all there when a mechanic looked at it, but which are too old to take the power of those 2 recently installed items: 1) new driveshaft 2) new Transmission mount

this is probably what causes the car to vibrate Only at idle like a traffic light?

the car does not vibrate but instead it goes smoothly when accelerating.