new o2's or im ok?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 04:47 AM
Default new o2's or im ok?

ok I have a 1997 Camaro Z28 6 speed

I just got hooked up with a used set of coated pacesetter headers for 150.00 they are setup for air/egr ( i live in California). I plan on buying the Percy seal for good gaskets, stage 8 bolts, o2 extensions(12"or 24" not sure)....but i have 2 questions because im piecing together this whole setup....

1. I live in California, will i need the ory pipe? because i did a clutch job 2 days ago and saw 1 o2 after the cat. So will i be able to use the ory or do i need to use the stock pipe or custom make?

2. I read that when the headers are new guys replaced front o2 because of the break in period causing ur old ones to foul out if u dont replace them. my question is because the headers i bought are used they have already been thru that break in phase will i still need to swap my o2's?

Any advice will be helpful especially if anybody thinks i am missing anything...parts, steps, etc. i plan on doin this job soon so any help would be nice thank you in advance.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:53 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

long tube headers are not carb approved so are not legal in cali. although irrelevant your 02s would be ok with used headers.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 AM
3rd Gear Member

I would still buy new o2s and not install em til your old foul or if they don't foul wait some months to install em. They are part of maintenance.