New here, and here is my ride!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Default RE: New here, and here is my ride!

sweet, sweet ride...

Old 06-29-2007, 02:14 PM
2nd Gear member

I have to say Man that is one of the most beautiful late model fourth gens I have ever seen, You've got my nomination for Ride of the Month next month. Get some engine shots up bro.

If you plan on badging it, (Which I would) I'd go for a set of Stainless Steel Mirrored Finish Like the ones found on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...ayphotohosting
Name:  ls1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  16.9 KB
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...29847672QQrdZ1

Also you might want to check out Bfranker's vinyl site, He makes all kinds of inserts for Camaros. http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

Old 06-29-2007, 02:55 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: 94CamaroSFI

I have to say Man that is one of the most beautiful late model fourth gens I have ever seen, You've got my nomination for Ride of the Month next month. Get some engine shots up bro.

If you plan on badging it, (Which I would) I'd go for a set of Stainless Steel Mirrored Finish Like the ones found on Ebay

Also you might want to check out Bfranker's vinyl site, He makes all kinds of inserts for Camaros. http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm
Wow, you have no idea how good that makes me feel hearing from fellow Camaro owners man. I really appreciate it.

I am now pretty much convinced I am going to re badge it. It just has to have the Z28 badges on it haha. The only thing stopping me was how clean it looked, and that the stock badges didn't mesh well with me. However, those two you linked to me in this thread changed my mind. Those look savage.

I am trying to not add too many colors to the car, even though the second link you sent me with the badges that had the "V8 LS1" emblem on them looks good, I am thinking of going with those plain stainless steel ones. I was thinking that would look best with the chrome wheels and what not.

Do you think the same?

Oh and also, here is a pic of the engine bay to show it really is a Z28, haha. I wont be modding anything to it other than what is already done to it. I like how clean it is.

http://i16.tinypic.com/62pylg0.jpg

Old 06-29-2007, 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CRanMaro99

ORIGINAL: Deagle85

One badge in the back, one on each side of the car making 3 badges total

How big are your wheels? And is the car lowered? Just curious
Right on, thanks for the info on where the badges are located. I still think I am going to leave it debadged... It just looks so clean. However, I'm just not sure... I might put them on there down the road.

The wheels are 19 inches all the way around. I plan on going an inch wider and inch taller tire in the rear when the time comes to get new tread. The car is not lowered: stock suspension with after-market shocks. It must look lowered due to the angled of the pictures given and the "body kit/ground effects" option that the car has, which I think looks awesome.

-Chris

Right on, Right on. I was gonna go with 19's for a while but I decided on 18's cause I want to lower the car. I actually just got the wheels in the mail recently and I'll probably put them on next week. They look niiiiice I have a black ls1 in case you didn't see it :P It also has the same ground effect kit that adds to the whole look and suspension. Here's the link to my wheels if you wanna take a look

http://www.need4speedmotors.com/inde...mp;ProdID=1045

Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: CRanMaro99

One badge in the back, one on each side of the car making 3 badges total

How big are your wheels? And is the car lowered? Just curious
Right on, thanks for the info on where the badges are located. I still think I am going to leave it debadged... It just looks so clean. However, I'm just not sure... I might put them on there down the road.

The wheels are 19 inches all the way around. I plan on going an inch wider and inch taller tire in the rear when the time comes to get new tread. The car is not lowered: stock suspension with after-market shocks. It must look lowered due to the angled of the pictures given and the "body kit/ground effects" option that the car has, which I think looks awesome.

-Chris

Right on, Right on. I was gonna go with 19's for a while but I decided on 18's cause I want to lower the car. I actually just got the wheels in the mail recently and I'll probably put them on next week. They look niiiiice I have a black ls1 in case you didn't see it :P It also has the same ground effect kit that adds to the whole look and suspension. Here's the link to my wheels if you wanna take a look

http://www.need4speedmotors.com/inde...OD&ProdID=1045
Those wheels look sinister man. I dig them[8D]

Nice ride too, the ground effects do help out. I'm also convinced to re badge my car with those stainless steel badges. With the wheels I have, I think it would look savage

Old 06-29-2007, 04:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks man, I can't wait to put the beasts on. Yeah I went with the stainless steel mirrored finish with the "5.7 ls1" edged on em. Very good quality product and well worth it. You do have to be willing to spend a pretty penny. I believe I got the whole set for around 70.00. Maybe its went down since then. The badges definitely get a second look on the road though, I'm satisfied

Old 06-29-2007, 04:33 PM
April 2008 ROTM

Thanks man, I can't wait to put the beasts on. Yeah I went with the stainless steel mirrored finish with the "5.7 ls1" edged on em. Very good quality product and well worth it. You do have to be willing to spend a pretty penny. I believe I got the whole set for around 70.00. Maybe its went down since then. The badges definitely get a second look on the road though, I'm satisfied
Awesome deal, man.

Post some pics of her when she has the new shoes on her asap! I'd love to check it out.

I liked the badges with the '5.7 ls1' edged on them too, however the red highlights won't look too good on the blue paint IMO.

I'm thinking the all stainless steel ones would compliment the lighter colored paint and wheels perfectly, yeah?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

For sure, don't get the outlined colored ones even if they were blue. Makes it look ricey in my opinion. Go with the all stainless steel finish, you won't regret it man

Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 PM
April 2008 ROTM

Yeah that is what I am planning to go with. I think the stainless steel will work great with the car.

I just am not sure how putting the Chevy bow-tie for the rear of the car is going to work. The bow-tie is indented outwards and painted red, it is not a "badge"

I don't see how I can put the badge over/on top of it... Hmmmm

Old 07-06-2007, 06:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Nice ride dude. Kindacreepy but,I also have a 99 z28 6 speed with t tops and its the same color; light metallic blue. Only made that color in 99 on LS1 Camaros. Very rare and very beautiful. Congrats on the new ride!

Quick Reply: New here, and here is my ride!