New here, and here is my ride!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
April 2008 ROTM
Default New here, and here is my ride!

Hello guys and gals. I did actually post this in the "New Member" section, and I just wanted to put this in this section for all you 4th gen owners can get a look as well incase you missed it.

I just recently purchased a 1999 Camaro LS1 6 speed T top. I only bought it with 24k miles on it, as the previous owner was in the military and did not drive it much at all.

The only mods he did to it was after-market exhaust (headers, straight pipe and glass-packs, which are dumped in front of the rear axle)... Boy does it sound amazing. However I will be adding a high flow cat-converter to it pretty soon... I need to put a cat on there. He also spend 2300 dollars on a tire and wheel package, which I really like. The two things I was going to do he already did.

Unlike most people, I plan on keeping it very clean and not to mod it at all really. Unlike most of my cars, I have an urge to keep her as clean and stock as possible. I don't want to be messing with it at all.

The one thing I did to do it was add tint to it, which made it look an amazing amount better.

The only 2 things besides the high flow cat that I want to do is getting the SLP skip shift remover and the slp air cover mod.

You can find a pic of my ride via a link in my sig!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New here, and here is my ride!

Nice car.I like the color...and the rims.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Overdrive Member

yeah that is a really nice and rare color, i dont see any badges though

Old 06-28-2007, 05:10 AM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Alih

yeah that is a really nice and rare color, i dont see any badges though
Badges?

Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member

you know, "z28" badges around the car. Looks like a v6 without the badges :P

Old 06-28-2007, 02:30 PM
April 2008 ROTM

Oh, haha yeah.

The one thing the previous owner did was de-badge the car... I am not sure why.

It does look very clean that way, but like you said, people may think it is a V6. HOWEVER, this LS1 has headers and no cats (I will be putting a high flow cat on it asap) and dual glasspacks dumped before the rear axle... So in other words, all you have to do is be within a mile of the car and you'll know it isn't a V6...

For another question: What would you guys do? I like how clean it looks de-badged, however I might want to put the Z28 badges back on it.

PS, where are the stock Z28 badges? The only location is on the rear of the car on the right hand side that I know of.... But considering my first sig pic was from the front and people noticed it was de-badged, I am assuming there are more than one Z28 badge.

Thanks

Old 06-28-2007, 03:08 PM
4th Gear Member

thats a sick looking ride, hows it sound with the glasspacks? i have a single glass pack on my 96 v6, and it kinda sounds like a ricer 3grand and up, if you dont mind me asking how much you pay? and i like the way it looks debadged, quiet it down a lil and make a sleeper car outta it.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

One badge in the back, one on each side of the car making 3 badges total

How big are your wheels? And is the car lowered? Just curious

Old 06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

thats a sick looking ride, hows it sound with the glasspacks? i have a single glass pack on my 96 v6, and it kinda sounds like a ricer 3grand and up, if you dont mind me asking how much you pay? and i like the way it looks debadged, quiet it down a lil and make a sleeper car outta it.
Thanks man, I appreciate it .

The glasspacks actually sound really good. Of course it is on the LS1, so its a monster and very loud, yet when I want to coast by neighborhoods in a high gear or in N it gets quite enough. I do love the obnoxious sound, but I need to pass emissions and will be putting a high flow cat on there within the coming months. It will keep its aggressiveness while just toning it down a tad, which I am all down for.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you how much I paid as that was the previous owner did to the car, however after I lifted the car on an electric shop jack my friend owns it seems 100 percent custom. I'm not sure how much it would have cost him.

I also think I may leave it debadged as well

Old 06-28-2007, 03:31 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Deagle85

One badge in the back, one on each side of the car making 3 badges total

How big are your wheels? And is the car lowered? Just curious
Right on, thanks for the info on where the badges are located. I still think I am going to leave it debadged... It just looks so clean. However, I'm just not sure... I might put them on there down the road.

The wheels are 19 inches all the way around. I plan on going an inch wider and inch taller tire in the rear when the time comes to get new tread. The car is not lowered: stock suspension with after-market shocks. It must look lowered due to the angled of the pictures given and the "body kit/ground effects" option that the car has, which I think looks awesome.

-Chris

Quick Reply: New here, and here is my ride!