New guy with a question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Default New guy with a question

Hey guys, been checking out the site and theres a lot of useful info here. I have a lot of love for Camaros and unfortunately I dont have one at the moment but Ive got one to do a bit of work on so I have a question. Yes, I did my searching and there were no relevant results.

Does anybody know where to get structural chassis parts for this poor 96 that got whacked? Specifically the left front upper rail. It would be nice to have the inner but we really need the outer, its pretty wrinkled and the mo-clamp took a few bites out of both layers when pulling. I can stitch the inner but I would much prefer to just replace the outer. From the research Ive done GM has discontinued the upper rail entirely.

Anybody know of anywhere to possibly find this part? Many thanks in advance and I really like the site. I do paint and body for a living so I could answer some of those types of questions if anybody has any. BTW Ive worked on just about every year of Camaro built and I cant say I didnt enjoy working on every single one.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have you tried a junk yard? You may need to cut it out of an existing car