need some information on 99 model ss camaro what to look out for when buying?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Default need some information on 99 model ss camaro what to look out for when buying?

dont know much about this site just now joined in search of some useful information about a car. i am trading for a 99 ss camaro that goes a little something like this..

It's dark metallic blue, ram air, t-top, jvc cd, Ls1 with comp lsx cam-5.3L vortec heads ported and polished -headers -full 3" exhaust with flowmaster-forged eagle pistons rods and crank-Ls6 intake and injection system-80mm throttle body-Granatelli MAF-Whisper motorsports airbox-k&n-aluminum driveshaft-3.73's limited slip diff-4l60e trans built with b&m steels and clutches-B&M shift kit-TCI streetfighter stall. roughly 35000 miles on motor an trans and 126,000 on body. 568hp.

the guy has paperwork for most things done to the car.he drives it daily. but im getting the upper hand of the trade and im wondering if this could be too good to be true ? if i should be looking for something to be wrong with this car what could it possibly be ? thanks i would appreciate any information about this anyone could give me about any bugs the cars have.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:33 AM
3rd Gear Member

ok first thing, why are you gettin upper hand and why is this guy selling??

If you can have a test drive im sure you'll be able to feel the astonishing amount of power quoted in comparison to a standard car.

You need to listen for regular knocking of engine, ticking or rattles that change with rpm. listen out for diff or gearbox whine and feel what shifts are like, are they straight in or do they slip.

Don't be scared to get down on your hands and knees and look under the car to see the headers, exhaust and drive shaft etc (have they really been done etc) and look under the hood for signs of the parts and any new ish stuff that give evidence to stuff being changed.

Have a look around and make sure you're happy with the body work etc and check tires, brakes , suspension to make sure they are all ok.

Essentially if the car is fine you just need to do the listening for any un-usual noises really with all the engine mods

hope this helps

Old 04-28-2009, 12:50 PM
4th Gear Member

A modded car like that has been beat on.... But it's up to you. If your pocket can handle the maintenance of a modded car like that, then buy it