need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:37 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default need some help

well i got the t/a back today, and on the way home i had it in 6th gear with cruise on and a car was comin up so i pushed the clutch in and it popped a lil bit and i couldnt get it to go back in gear..so i pull over and what ever goes into the back of the clutch resevoir is gone which im assuming comes from the pedal to the resevoir cause when i push the clutch in theres nothing there just goes to the floor....so needless to say i was able to get the car started in second gear and then change gears with out the clutch to get home (pain in the *** when i had to stop, i had to start all over from second gear)...anyways how bad/ how much/ how hard is this to fix?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

should be shaft that goes from the linkage to the clutch cylinder. theres a pin that goes on the linkage/peddle side that may have come out.

Last edited by craby; 05-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:44 PM
3rd Gear Member

how hard would it be to fix? and about how much would you guess?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Are you sure it fell apart, or did the clutch master or slave cylinder fail? Either of them failing can cause the no pedal pressure feeling. Have you checked the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder? Might just be low too!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if its just the arm retainer falling off the pin should only cost a couple bucks. gotta get under the dash and have a look. push the clutch down as u watch and see if the linkage is all there and working. should be a shaft that goes throught the firewall to the clutch cylinder. is the linkage moving it and is it going into the firewall? or is it hanging there not doing anything.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

well i had clutch fluid before w/e popped off popped off, then it was empty, but after searching for like an hour i found my haynes manual and doesnt seem too bad of a fix no matter what it is, im think its the push rod popped out but ill have to check in the am when i can see what im doing

Old 05-06-2010, 11:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

ok so heres the verdict...slave cylinder went bad, and i got a new one and replaced it but pray yours doesnt go bad cause they are hard to find by them selves and GM will want to charge you 248$ for the master and slave cylinder, i got lucky and found one for 78$ tho...oh..and dont loose the lil rubber grommet on the braided line that goes into the slave cylinder either cause you WILL NOT find one i promise...i had to rig something up...back to the story everything got replaced then come to find out my pressure plate went bad and the release bearing which was already going bad (keep in my i just replaced this crap a year ago...) so since im building the car now im gonna go ahead and get the peformance clutch kit so i can try not to break anything else for a lil bit

Old 05-07-2010, 07:59 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i wonder if the fluid from the clutch cylinder got on the clutch plate and that ruined it. oh welll u found the problem,,, thats a good thing. kinda, lol. what clutch u lookin to get?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 AM
3rd Gear Member

i found one in summit made my ram? idr it was like 300$ im not sure id have to double check, but i only have like 400 for the kit, which i dont need a super strong one, im not makin oodles of power at the moment

Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

power is one consideration, the other is driving habits. if u abuse the clutch then u will want one thats goin to handle it. i looked some over and got an eye opener. lol. been a while sense the last time i bought a clutch, holy smokes,,, theres some spendy clutches. there is a kevlar one for like 450 that looks like it could handle some hole shots. i think the one your looking at is at the link i attached, a 88516 and it looks to be a stock replacement. itll work but is not going to handle to much abuse.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts.aspx?sku=RAM-88516