Need opinions on rim color Selection

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Need opinions on rim color Selection

Ok guys I have a set of silver C5 rims that I am going to have painted because i dont like the look of the silver rims with the white car. I originally wanted to paint them black because black rims on white cars is something i have always liked but im afraid that the black with take away from the detail of the rims. So i was thinking of going with a dark gunmetal or the K11 color from nissan which is similar. What do you guys think? all opinions and options are welcome.

Current Wheels:
Name:  parkshot.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  73.6 KB

K11 nissan color:
Name:  370frontq.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  60.3 KB

Old 12-09-2010, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear member

Personally I love the K11. You should go with that. The Nissan and Infiniti wheels look so good in that color.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

agree, that K11 color looks great on that white NISMO, so I suppose it would look good on your car too.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I think all wheels should be chrome, but I like the idea of the Nissan wheel color. Black wheels are so overrated and I hate how EVERYONE has their wheels painted black.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM
2nd Gear member

I'm not a fan of black wheels either. Although, I also don't like chrome much... I prefer a silver or gray finish. I'm likely going with a silver powdercoated wheel for mine.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I like the gunmetal/Nissan color idea because it's kinda different. I haven't seen many people that have wheels that color. Black wheels just make it look like there's big globs of something under the car. Not many cars in general can pull off black wheels imo.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks guys i appreciate the input. you guys kida have the same idea i do. I like the dark color becasue it looks good on the white car but the black hides all the details and just blends together. I was leaning towards the K11 before the post but now i feel better about my decision. I think chrome looks good on certain applications, im actually running the stock chrome 5 spokes right now until i get the vette wheels finished, but i live in the desert so the chrome gets dirty constantly and im always having to wipe them clean between washes.

Name:  Before1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  30.2 KB

Old 12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
2nd Gear member

DO NOT go black... black wheels are so basic, and rarely look good cuz when your moving it looks like your rolling on factory steel rims..
gunmetal would be good, but personally, i think the way they are now looks great.. i love vette factory wheels

Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by MelloYello
DO NOT go black... black wheels are so basic, and rarely look good cuz when your moving it looks like your rolling on factory steel rims..
Looks great on '00-'05 impalas... Or makes it look like a cop car.

To the OP, try and color match them to your paint job; White rims look phenomenal on a motorcycle, don't see why it wouldn't work on the cager side of things.

While you're at it, paint your calipers and see if you can take the rust off your rotors, then paint the centers. That doesn't have to match the car though...

Last edited by chsxfireems; 12-09-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Thought about calipers too...
Old 12-09-2010, 05:24 PM
4th Gear Member

I like the K11 color

Quick Reply: Need opinions on rim color Selection