My new toy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 08:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default My new toy!!!!

Found this back in October and honestly I wasn't looking to buy. But the plans with my car were: repaint, take out cloth interior and put in leather interior, swap A4 to a M6, new engine, new trans, new rear, new suspension and a few other things but when i saw this i look at how much it'd cost me to do all that to mine or just buy a clean roller . . . yep went with the roller!!!!!
I pmed the seller very shortly after he posted it up for sale and to my surprise I was the only one to come through with a deposit on it Not very often would I suggest on going to give a deposit on a unseen car, but with all the feedback I heard about the car I had a feeling it was worth it and I'm so happy I was right. You guys might recognize it from being in the March 2008 issue of GM High Tech

Here are the pics of picking it up enjoy i know i am

putting the rear sway bar on before the long *** wait for the tow truck

oh **** look what i get to do

finally got here and had to block off the narrow road, he wasn't too happy that the first guy who came out to "assess" the situation didn't tell him this

and had to be in the car for the tow onto the bed

I'm not sure what engine I'm going to go with but I know i'll be going with a Magnum T-56 and LS9R clutch from Katech and the rear end is just going to be rebuilt and made better (hopefully) The stuff i already have in the car is a dual gauge pod with 2 gauges already, a few other gauges, coil relocation kit for under the windshield a meth injection kit a fuel system set-up for up to 1000hp, dual adjustable PHD, adjustable LCA's, subframe connectors, driveshaft loop and i think that's about it for goodies. The interior is immaculate and still smells new and the exterior is just flawless!!! Even the tow truck driver asked when he got there if it was a show car lol even when we got it back to my house 94 miles away (took a long time going 55mph) he still said it was the cleanest car he'd ever towed in 26 years of towing. Anyway thats my new toy so someone buy my 2000 SS so i can get this one up and running faster!!!!!

Old 12-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I Like to Party

Looks good man congrats, its a beautiful car.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:27 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

trans swap is not as easy as you would think. lots of things need changed. ls1 with some mods and a level 3 performabuit would be very nice.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Trans swap??? It's a manual trans car and it's getting a built manual trans, plus I'm bored of the automatic in my 2000

Old 12-11-2011, 04:10 AM
2nd Gear member

Transmission
PCM
Wiring harness
Flywheel
Clutch kit
Hydraulic system
Bell housing
Crossmember
Nuts and bolts
Center council with shift boot and ****

That's not too bad...

And that's beautiful.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Nice buy, you bought it with no motor or trans?

Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ok i had to re read the op a couple times, it sounded like you were going to swap the trans in this one.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Just read the link. Did you get the 12 bolt rear and tubular K member with it?

Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Catmaigne
Transmission
PCM
Wiring harness
Flywheel
Clutch kit
Hydraulic system
Bell housing
Crossmember
Nuts and bolts
Center council with shift boot and ****

That's not too bad...

And that's beautiful.
I'm looking forward to it!! Btw why does everyone think the car is an auto lol the car is a m6 to begin with
Originally Posted by KeithB
Nice buy, you bought it with no motor or trans?
Yep no motor, no trans and it has a 10 bolt instead of a 12 bolt plus a stock k member. I got it for hella cheap not getting the drag racing suspension set-up

Old 12-11-2011, 04:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by King Nothing
I'm looking forward to it!! Btw why does everyone think the car is an auto lol the car is a m6 to begin with

Yep no motor, no trans and it has a 10 bolt instead of a 12 bolt plus a stock k member. I got it for hella cheap not getting the drag racing suspension set-up
Still sweet car and you can make it what you want