My First LS1 *Pic Added*

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My First LS1

Bzman if you don't mind knockoff rims you can get them pretty cheap, and they look exactly the same minus the emblems in the centers. www.wheelreplicas.com has some corvette rims. Nice car by the way but I agree lose the rims and you may want to put a beach towell over that stereo equipment in the back, attracts unwanted attention. Is the body kit something you can just pull off or would it mess up your paint? And do you know if the car is lowered? Did the guy you bought it from buy it the way it was or did he just forget he changed the emblems?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Ninja Administrator

the rims arent terrible IMO, but i would probably go a different direction with them. something in a 17" so you arent sacrificing performance. the kit looks good tho

Old 04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: qmracer

Bzman if you don't mind knockoff rims you can get them pretty cheap, and they look exactly the same minus the emblems in the centers. www.wheelreplicas.com has some corvette rims. Nice car by the way but I agree lose the rims and you may want to put a beach towell over that stereo equipment in the back, attracts unwanted attention. Is the body kit something you can just pull off or would it mess up your paint? And do you know if the car is lowered? Did the guy you bought it from buy it the way it was or did he just forget he changed the emblems?
thanks for the link, i might go for replicas. I probably wont keep the stereo system, you don't need all that boom when ur listening to mostly rock, plus i cant take my t-tops off bc of it. As far as the body kit goes, not sure if im gonna leave it. Might look good with a billet grille and an ss hood. If i get the money and already put some towards performance than i may take the kit off and put on the RS ground effects, imo they're a lot cleaner looking. The car isn't lowered as far as i can tell, the tires are just huge and the body kit makes it look low. I'm pretty sure he said he bought it with the emblems on, but that doesn't make sense cause couldn't he have just checked the title or dmv to find out if its an SS or Z? my guess is he either put the SS badges on, or just left them on because SS sounds better. Either way they're coming off, I don't like when people put SS badges on a Z unless its an older replica. 90's camaros are too recent to be making replicas.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:49 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

the rims arent terrible IMO, but i would probably go a different direction with them. something in a 17" so you arent sacrificing performance. the kit looks good tho
thanks. I was thinking maybe 18's in the back wrapped in nitto DR, 17 in the front. This, along with a full exhaust, CAI, and all that are just wishful thinking for now cause im mostly broke. i plan on working a lot this summer and fixing her up.

BTW, how easy is it to swap seats between 2 99' camaros? The interior on my 6 is immaculate. The guy put in new leather when i bought it, no rips, tears, or anything. Really nice looking. And the interior on my Z is all misaligned, plastic doesn't matchup, leather has a couple rips, and all that.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:29 PM
4th Gear Member

shouldnt be too hard. My car has Trans Am seats and even tho they dont work like they should (the T/a seats have little pressure things in the seat to change the pressure on your back and stuff) What im getting at is usually the seats are the same and interchangeable throughout the years.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

shouldnt be too hard. My car has Trans Am seats and even tho they dont work like they should (the T/a seats have little pressure things in the seat to change the pressure on your back and stuff) What im getting at is usually the seats are the same and interchangeable throughout the years.
yeah the ones in this Z are from a trans am too. I wanted to change them out, not solely because i don't like the leather, but the plastic parts on the seat are broken or missing and i just want a clean look. The guy i think did a lot of electric work in the car running wires and stuff because you can tell he took a lot of thing apart without putting it back together properly. Everythings kinda pushed out with wires sticking out everywhere.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:06 PM
4th Gear Member

dude, we have alot in common, we both baught a Z28 that had an owner who tried to do stuff but didnt finish and didnt clean it up...

Old 04-07-2008, 10:32 AM
1st Gear Member

pmed you about the stero system

Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Overdrive Member

Big stereos just add weight, who needs a stereo when you have a good sounding exhaust!

Anyway, I would ditch the wheels and the kit personally. I agree with Spec, go for some 17's (my car has 17's if you need a general image of what it looks like). I would ditch the kit and maybe go for a grill or something like that if you want a "custom" look.

As far as the seats go they should bolt right up, no guarantees everything will work 100% correctly, but you'll at least be able to keep your nice seats.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

Big stereos just add weight, who needs a stereo when you have a good sounding exhaust!

Anyway, I would ditch the wheels and the kit personally. I agree with Spec, go for some 17's (my car has 17's if you need a general image of what it looks like). I would ditch the kit and maybe go for a grill or something like that if you want a "custom" look.

As far as the seats go they should bolt right up, no guarantees everything will work 100% correctly, but you'll at least be able to keep your nice seats.
Yeah I plan on getting some headers, probably dynatech, along with an ory but gotta check my emissions first. The wheels are gonna go as soon as I get the money. I'll also probably get rid of the stereo as I like to take the t-tops off now and then, plus if i get a flat i'm f'ed cause i can't get to my spare. Not to mention the system weighs a ton too which i don't like. As far as the kit goes, i'll probably get rid of it, but it's on my low priorities right now. I've seen a 98-02 v6 white camaro in my area with the RS ground effects and I really likethem a lot so i think i'll head in that direction. Anyone know who makes those btw?

Quick Reply: My First LS1 *Pic Added*