My First LS1 *Pic Added*

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default My First LS1 *Pic Added*

Hey guys, finally happened, got my first ls1 this afternoon. I had been planning on getting one since the week I got my v6 maro 2 years ago when I realized that I was getting stomped by gt's. Don't get me wrong, I love my v6, but it attracts a lot of unwanted attention from faster cars trying to make themselves feel cool. For instance, there's one kid down the block from me with a 97 or earlier mustang gt who tailgates me whenever he gets the chance to try to prove he has such a fast car.

So I had been wanting a LS1 for a long time now but with a girlfriend who has expensive taste, saving money is virtually impossible. For the last couple of years I would go on cars.com anyways just to tease myself, maybe hope to find some crazy deal, but never had any luck. So after not looking for about 3 months, I decided what the hell I'll just take a look, you never know. To make a long story short I found a white 99 Z28 on the website with 78k miles for $5400. Figured it was too good to be true but after pursuing it for 2 weeks (along with about 10 other people looking at the car while I was there) I purchased it this morning. If that wasn't lucky enough, the kid who always tailgates me was outside washing his car with his dad so I floored it down my block on the way home, I saw them in my rear view mirror staring lol.

The car also has a xenon body kit which i'm undecided about,smokedtail lights, 20 inch rims that need to go, a crazystereo system that I know nothing about,and magnaflows.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:29 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: My First LS1

ORIGINAL: Bzman

So I had been wanting a LS1 for a long time now but with a girlfriend who has expensive taste, saving money is virtually impossible.
which face displays dissapointment.... You have to learn how to manipulate the ladies my friend, if you need a few bucks say for gas you ask her, but if she needs money you dont have any. (i usually never carry money on me kuz i only need money for cigarettes and gas). Hell it got 230 bucks out of my gf which bought my sound system (but an amount that large i of course am paying her back and only owe her 30 bucks now)

Anyway congrats on the LS1 lets see some pics.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

haha, yeah I know. We've actually been going out for five years, so i'm comfortable asking her for money If i need it. It's not that she tries to take advantage of me, she just likes expensive stuff. She's also pretty well off so she gets me a ton of stuff for birthday, christmas, and all that so I kind of have to match it so I don't look like a cheap bastard. Anyways here's a pic of the car. It's actually just the pic off cars.com that the guy put up himself. Not sure if this is going to work.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:41 PM
4th Gear Member

body kit didnt look too bad from that angle. not a fan of the rims. But yeah my ex was spoiled and would buy food etc and then complain when she was buying everything.... yeah i broke up with her after2 years(thats around the timei found out she was psycho... i mean for the previous year and half of our relationship i just thought she was a spoiled brat.. but hey sex was good and it was all i was getting...)

Old 04-05-2008, 09:43 PM
1st Gear Member

here's a pic of the stereo system that I don't know anything about.

Name:  stereo.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  10.3 KB

Old 04-05-2008, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

body kit didnt look too bad from that angle. not a fan of the rims. But yeah my ex was spoiled and would buy food etc and then complain when she was buying everything.... yeah i broke up with her after2 years(thats around the timei found out she was psycho... i mean for the previous year and half of our relationship i just thought she was a spoiled brat.. but hey sex was good and it was all i was getting...)
Body kit looks good from that angle, side, and back. From a straight onview though i'm not crazy about it. Rims are way too big, biggest I wanna go is 18's in the back probably. Maybe something from american racing or c6's if I can save up. sorry to hear about the girlfriend, can't complain about the sex though.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:54 PM
4th Gear Member

hey dont worry about it at a certain angle im not a fan of my camaro kuz its all pointy in the front and in the back its just flat... (i want a SS spoiler) but thats only at a very specific angle.. i agree that is a pretty crazy lookin system.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

hey dont worry about it at a certain angle im not a fan of my camaro kuz its all pointy in the front and in the back its just flat... (i want a SS spoiler) but thats only at a very specific angle.. i agree that is a pretty crazy lookin system.
ah forgot to mention my car has the ss spoiler on it too. I like it alot. In fact, it also has SS badges because apparently the guy thought it was an SS. It was listed on cars.com just as a camaro with V8 in the description and when I got to his house I saw the ss badges, ss spoiler, but no ss hood. So i asked him and he said that he isn't exactly sure. When i did a carfax I found out it was a Z, so i gotta change out the badges

Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Either way doesn't matter, I guess the SS's were a bit rarer so it would have been cool, but at the same time it's nice to have a Z because I already know that people who don't know anything about camaros would ask if it's a z28 and i'd say no it's an SS then have to explain that SS's are the same thing blah blah blah. So a Z28 is fine with me, might save me a headache.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 PM
4th Gear Member

i like it as it sits. lol.

Quick Reply: My First LS1 *Pic Added*