MUSTANG TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Default RE: MUSTANG TROUBLE

the 02 cobra was on the test track and the svt focus was running on the track too and the cobra wasnt pulling hard on it at all. ford was so embarresed they didnt produce it.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: nickdotcom

you must not know your **** at all, 500 RWHP is no problem at all for 03/04 cobras

your pos LT1 will get destroyed
thank you at least someone agrees with me.....lt1runner not to bag on you, but dont underestimate cobras

Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 PM

srry double post

Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 PM
4th Gear Member

ya well just gut you cat and you should be @900 hp with a 3.8............

Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 AM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: musclecarguy

first of all Zoilus...shink you sig!!! and second of all i think you mean 03/04 cobras.....with a port, pulley and all other bolts ons cobras can get 500rwhp.....without a s/c port they can hit 470-480rwhp easily....goodluck messin with them( i love terminators )
If you love em' imagine how we feel when a bolt on, (not heads/cam...etc) LS1 takes a 125 shot of spray and hits those same #'s. Except we gain about 200rwtq or more......

So to the LT1 guy, ditch it, get a 98+ spend 3k on Spray, ported TB, Long tubes, CAI, pulley, LS6 intake if you get a pre 01 car, maybe some injectors, and a cam for good measure. With the 125 shot and the stuff above, depending on the cam you'll clear 550rwhp .....easily. Make that cobra your b!tch, go home.... call it a day.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Zoilus

If you love em' imagine how we feel when a bolt on, (not heads/cam...etc) LS1 takes a 125 shot of spray and hits those same #'s. Except we gain about 200rwtq or more......

So to the LT1 guy, ditch it, get a 98+ spend 3k on Spray, ported TB, Long tubes, CAI, pulley, LS6 intake if you get a pre 01 car, maybe some injectors, and a cam for good measure. With the 125 shot and the stuff above, depending on the cam you'll clear 550rwhp .....easily. Make that cobra your b!tch, go home.... call it a day.

stop being a cobra hater, if the lt1 can spray, why cant the cobra? im not hating on either of these cars but im sure he wont sell his car and buy another one just so he can beat a cobra....some ppl care a little bit about cosmetics too(not too ricey though)

Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 PM
3rd Gear Member

Musclecarguy! Just to clear up something. I don't disrespect Cobras at all and I'm not baggin on you either. Just the opposite. I like them and they are quick as hell. That info I got was from some Mustang drivers I talked to at the track one night. The Cobra owner told me he was running 440hp at the wheels with a pully upgrade a few bolt on's and some tuning. We talked cars for a few and he went over some things he had done and was planning to do. As far as LT1's being a POS? Not the case at all. Hard to workon, yeah, but durable. I would like an LS1 but I like my LT1 and it's staying with me. Maybe I'll swap it with an LS2 when the funds become available. HA!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Droid

You could always get a Nextel Cup type build up, they pull 700 HP to 800 HP using a 358 inch small block and no power adders, and can take 500 miles of all out running. All you need is a bunch of $$$$

Old 04-27-2007, 12:01 AM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: musclecarguy

ORIGINAL: Zoilus

The LT1 needs to spray because the CobraALREADYhas a power adder, it's to make things juuuuust a little bit FAIR.....which is a word that seems to escape this "racing" generation.

stop being a cobra hater, if the lt1 can spray, why cant the cobra? im not hating on either of these cars but im sure he wont sell his car and buy another one just so he can beat a cobra....some ppl care a little bit about cosmetics too(not too ricey though)

Old 04-27-2007, 12:07 AM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: LT1RUNNER

Musclecarguy! Just to clear up something. I don't disrespect Cobras at all and I'm not baggin on you either. Just the opposite. I like them and they are quick as hell. That info I got was from some Mustang drivers I talked to at the track one night. The Cobra owner told me he was running 440hp at the wheels with a pully upgrade a few bolt on's and some tuning. We talked cars for a few and he went over some things he had done and was planning to do. As far as LT1's being a POS? Not the case at all. Hard to workon, yeah, but durable. I would like an LS1 but I like my LT1 and it's staying with me. Maybe I'll swap it with an LS2 when the funds become available. HA!
I had a 94 LT1 and loved it. I had to sell it cuz all the focus was going on the LS1 and I wanted the money to hook my car up. But your engine is far from a POS ....put a CAI, LT's, 58mm TB, and an intake, bigger injectors, then spray it with a 125 shot, You'll be in his same territory at least if not a bit moreat the wheels.

Quick Reply: MUSTANG TROUBLE