Mother Camaro, Pray for us!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013 | 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Camambro
Of course a 2013 is going to have more hp then a car that's 18 years behind it.
What do you think car companies are doing sitting around thinking about how to not make progress. Lol
That's what the car makers did in the 1980's!

Old 05-15-2013 | 09:22 AM
2nd Gear member

Camaro69, some of the stuff you say sometimes.. I find myself cracking up reading half the things that you say on here.

Old 05-15-2013 | 07:20 PM
April 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
That's what the car makers did in the 1980's!
Lol good point

Old 05-16-2013 | 08:54 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes

this is really aggravating, they were supposed to fix the locks and windows 2 days ago, but the part still hasnt come....im going crazy waiting to buy thist hing each night feels like a effing YEAR I WANT IT NOW!!!

seriously pisses me off how it seems in the entire state of MN this is the only camaro less than 7k thats in half decent condition :|

Old 05-16-2013 | 08:58 AM
3rd Gear Member

Soo how much are they asking for it?

Old 05-16-2013 | 09:52 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes

this ones on sale for about 4k, but gona trade my stang in for it for some....really scared nad pissed off that as soon as they get it fixed someone else is gonna go buy it and ill be scrweed over

btw id like to change the name of the thread, I have become an atheist due to recent life events and especially getting pissed off how the camaro was supposed to be fixed 2 days ago but god damn it gods always looking to screw me over.

Last edited by Camaro S; 05-16-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2013 | 10:33 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

On average dealers make 50%+ profit on older used cars. Don’t give up on Craigs or you papers Classified. Sure you are going to have to sort through some crap but you can find a diamond. You should worry a little less about gum wrappers and more about how often the oil was changed or has the wiring harnesses been messes with by a amateur, old unrepaired oil leaks. I have known guys that where complete neat freaks but never changed their oil. Dealers can shine any car up to look good but they cannot undo damaged cause by years of neglect. Any car you want you should have inspected by a real mechanic that has nothing to gain by the selling of the car. Even one bought from a dealer unless they are giving you a warranty. Read the fine print on the warranty if they give one. There are warranties out there that cover very little. I worked at large GM dealers and I have seen customer really bent over. My favorite scam is the 180 point check. They advertised the 180 point check and we did it. There may have been 15 things that were found bad but we only guaranteed the check not the results. The larger dealers won’t sell something unsafe, they will auction it to the smaller dealers but if it will be a long lasting good car does not even come up during the inspection.

Example: AC issue can be very expensive if you do not do your own work. AC not working COULD be low on Coolant but it could also be a bad compressor. Depending on how the compressor failed your system could need flushed. That repair alone could easily top $1000. A decent car inspection will cost $50-$70 as long as you don’t have him pulling pans. Add another $75 to check to see if you have a AC leak or a failed compressor.

In most cases, unless the car is perfect, even if you still buy the car the mechanic will point out weak spots you will miss and you can use them to get a lower price. Asking price $5500 mechanic says it will need a muffler and alignment. I will give you 5K. $70 just saved you $500. Chance of you finding a 15+ year car that needs nothing is pretty slim.

Old 05-16-2013 | 10:36 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes

yeah ur right gorn, the firebird i mentioned, the gumwrappers were small issue but the lights didnt work and had wires everywhere and was in crappy condition all together.

i have looked at several camaros on craigs the last couple months, and every single one was a POS the people were pretty trashy too lol, they say they arent dealers but seem to make a living fixing and selling cars on their front lawn :S

but i checked the carfax on this camaro and im willing to settle for repairs just because its the best condition one i have seen so far.

i saw a 85 camaro a while back, 89k milage, asking price 3k....and it was a PIECE!!!!

MY BIGGEST FEAR IS SOMEONE ELSE WILL BUY THIS GREEN CAMARO CUZ THE DEALER SAID HE HAD LIKE 5 GUYS LOOKING AT IT, AND IM SCARED SOMEONE WILL BUY IT BEFORE ME its my dream camaro and has t-tops!!!!!!!!!!

btw, anyone else think the 4th gen camaros look better than the new ones? the new ones seem boxy and dodge chargery to me. 4th gen seem more sleek and sporty to me.

Last edited by Camaro S; 05-16-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2013 | 10:41 AM
3rd Gear Member

Ask to put a deposit on it then if you want it that much

Old 05-16-2013 | 10:44 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
Ask to put a deposit on it then if you want it that much
good idea! how much should i put? my 98 mustang v6 (in EXCELLENT condition, i take good care of my cars, repair even the smallest problems) is what i plan to trade, hoping to get 2-2.5k for it, then pay 1.5-2k on top. so how much should i put for deposit?

btw are deposits refundable incase i change my mind?

Quick Reply: Mother Camaro, Pray for us!