License plate frame

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:27 PM
April 2008 ROTM
Default RE: License plate frame

Haha I know, he heard it from a long ways away

But about this bracket... I'd really like to see what it looks like on a 4th gen, there has to be pics of it somewhere?!

I'm doing it as it will be just one less thing for them to pic out about me and I dont need the tickets.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
4th Gear Member

Ive seen a 4th gen, i htink it was a 94 or 5 and it had the bracket... thing sticks out like an inch.. looks stupid as hell.. If i have to ill throw one in my front window or just bolt the plate straight into some holes.. no backets for me..

Old 10-06-2007, 05:40 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

Ive seen a 4th gen, i htink it was a 94 or 5 and it had the bracket... thing sticks out like an inch.. looks stupid as hell.. If i have to ill throw one in my front window or just bolt the plate straight into some holes.. no backets for me..
Where/how was it mounted? Does it mound under the front bumper then stick upwards? Or does it bolt to the grill area somehow?

I just dont like the actual GM/stock plastic ones that go in the front grill, as they stick out and are think as heck.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:01 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i'm in iowa and i know all about the no license plate tickets. i got pulled over 4 times by the same cop for no license plate. the last time was after i took the car to the chief of police and he said i was fine and would talk to the guy but i guess never did. this cop is a real **** about it. i went home after my 3rd ticket from the cop and had a couple beers in my garage and kept getting more and more pissed off about it so i went outside and drilled holes right into my fascia. it looks like pure **** but its a hell of a lot easier than getting tickets every day. i also looked for a bracket that would look okay like you are and i couldn't find one. if you do let me know! killer car too by the way

Old 10-06-2007, 10:57 PM
4th Gear Member

All i can think of is the stock GM bracket. They make another one thats slimmer? if thats the right word. In all honesty... just do what everyone does and throw it in your windshield. Cop pulls you over say it fell off and havent had a chance to get a new backet.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:36 PM

Hell, in my Eclipse, I never had the plate anywhere else but the passenger side of the windshield, and no cops ever gave me crap about it. The Camaro came with the plate on the front though, and I haven't traken it off.....yet. But I agree with Spartan66, just throw it up in the windshield, and if they pull you over, just tell them it fell off,or offer to take them to dunkin donuts!

Old 10-07-2007, 04:14 AM
4th Gear Member

I will put money down that those cops were just lookin to scare you and/or just trying to meet a quota... Here in Sammamish everyones all rich and high and mighty so the cops dont give a **** about the little things. You can tell when they do kuz you will see em driving everywhere, but when they dont have a quota to meet they just chill at the station.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 PM
4th Gear Member

every time i see ur name spart, i keep thinking some one from ym school's on this forum lol. Queensbury Spartans.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:01 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, my school is the Skyline Spartans

Old 10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
April 2008 ROTM

Bainbridge Spartans for me!

Haha we're popular.

I guess for now I'm gonna leave it in the windshield. If I put it on I'm just gonna use that strong automotive tape and bend the plate down the middle so it sits flat across the crease in the front center of the grill.

That's all I can come up with

Quick Reply: License plate frame