License plate frame

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:09 PM
April 2008 ROTM
Default License plate frame

I'll make it short. Today I got pulled over for no front license plate. (The color of my car and loud *** exhaust caught his attention at first.)

He gave me a hard time, asked me if I owned the car and bought it myself, which I did. Asked me hella questions, gave me the lecture on the plate and exhaust and what else I did to the car etc. He was nice as in he gave me a warning in the end as I was clean and have a clean record, but said next time he sees me and I dont have a plate he will write me up for it. He told me not to rev the engine and tone the exhaust down (even though I was only at 2k rpms, but i didnt tell him that) and to get the plate. He was with a rookie it seemed, and when he said he was going to let me go she bursted out "WHY?!?!" Pissed me off lol. So I gotta watch out for her now too as he said she would write me up as well if she sees me again.

Long story short after my little story, I need to get the plate on the front of my car

Are there any aftermarket brackets of some sort for the 4th gens? I don't know how to *** it to the front of the car. I can't think of a clean way of doing it. I was thinking of putting it under the front fascia somehow at an angle so it doesn't go on the plastic grill... but I have no idea.

Suggestions?

Old 10-05-2007, 04:17 PM
April 2008 ROTM
Default RE: License plate frame

I also see SLP has a bracket for us 4th gen owners... Yet I have no idea how it looks/works with the front of the car.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
April 2008 ROTM

No one has any brackets? Any experience with them and how they mount?

Old 10-05-2007, 09:25 PM
4th Gear Member

i'd get a chrome billet grill and a chrome frame.. so least it blends in some what.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

i got ticketed for no front plate a couple months ago. I'm just gonna put it back on, take a picture, go to court and show them, then take it back off. Sorry don't know anything about brackets cause like i said i dont have front plates. Only advice i can give based on experience is just to avoid areas where u've been pulled over before lol. The cop that pulled me over hangs out by a major intersection in an unmarked car at the end of every month so i just go down a different block lol.

1 ticket in 1 year isn't so bad, especially if they let me off on this one.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:12 AM
3rd Gear Member

Don't you have to drill the SLP bracket into the bumper or grill? I tried looking around for pics of the SLP license plate bracket, and the one I found had it down kinda low. Not sure if it was the SLP bracket though.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:18 AM
April 2008 ROTM

Thanks for the replies.

I'm just gonna get it put on, less hassle for me to deal with considering I have illegal exhaust and tint etc etc. It gets attention.

I'd like it to sit low instead of all up on the grill. I know the SLP one has to be drilled somewhere too. Banks, do you know where you saw that pic? I can't believe it is so hard for me to find a picture of a Camaro with an aftermarket frame.

I can't really avoid cops, as I am in the heart of Seattle, and my home, college, and work are all within a 5 mile radius around campus and there are the same cops everywhere.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:57 AM
4th Gear Member

Let me tell you what... Ive got no cat, 3 in pipes and no front plate... NEVER had ANY trouble and ive driven past speed traps and stopped next to cops at red lights and had cops drive behind me.. NEVER gotten hassled... ever... Heres what i was told about washington laws, for me i know that as long as my red bow tie is showing and i have no brackets i DONT need a front plate. The second there is a bracket on there i have to put a plate on there. That came straight from the mouth of a pierce county deputy. As for exhaust, just dont listen to em. Like i said im loud as hell with no cat (soon to have a magnaflow high flow) and i have 3 in pipes from the Y on down. If they pull you over and say ur exhaust is too loud tell them that you toned it down but it didnt change much. They arent going to be able to tell any difference because they dont have anything to compare to.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:50 AM
April 2008 ROTM

I know man I know. I have long tube headers and no cats, true dual 3 inchers and glasspacks. That is not that worries me though. I've been passing many cops and sitting next to them a lot as well with no problems. Thing is, I pass the same ones all the time, and it is just not worth my hassle.

Anyways, I've talked to 3 officers, one being a closer relative, and they all said that it does not matter what car you have (unless collectors) or what front end it has (brackets or not)... you need a plate on the front of the car in WA state no matter what. I've searched into it a lot before.

I just want to know if anyone knows how that bracket from slp is mounted or if there are pics of anyone with this. Google is not helping.

Thanks

Old 10-06-2007, 10:56 AM
4th Gear Member

hmm.. garbage.. ill wait till i get pulled over... I dont even own a front plate yet... didnt come with the car... As for exhuast.. you have friggin glass packs!!!! no wonder you got pulled over!LTs,No cat, true dual and glass packs! Your loco! Ive got stock headers with a homemade fab to a 3inch Y and pipes, no cat and ive never looked at my muffler before.

Quick Reply: License plate frame