just noticed the backseat speakers arent playing monsoon

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default just noticed the backseat speakers arent playing monsoon

could it be the deck? i played with the fade and no luck. its both of the back seat speakers, the stereo has been playing the same as it always did, its only now i realized those two arent playing, ideas?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:29 PM

Im having the same problem with mine, do you have the bose speaker set up? thats what i have and my 2 fronts work but the rears wont, i have an aftermarket JVC deck in and fade wont work, check your wiring in the back make sure its all connected to the right wires. I checked mine and everythings good but i still dont get sound, when i figure out a solution ill keep you posted.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 PM
XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

I would remove a rear speaker and wire it direct to the deck with some speaker wire just to make sure the speakers aren't the problem.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

preciate it, theres this guy with a 95 v6, are they the same 2 ohm speakers for the rear? hes parting out and im gunna take a couple things

Old 12-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Overdrive Member

Before you start wiring stuff up in your car make sure you have the monsoon system. If you do then the rear seat speakers are subs and should not be connected directly to the deck. Another thing most decks are designed for 4Ω speakers and putting a 2Ω speaker in place will fry the amp in the deck. Now if you have already done this then that could be your problem.
If you do have the monsoon system you will have an amp behind the spare tire, it is a black box with a mess of wires going into it. That feeds the subs the bass channel only and is set up with a cross over to the rear trunk area speakers that are full range.
If you have the Bose setup then each speaker has its own amp, and needs its own power source to run the amps. This power source is switched on by the deck but I am not sure exactly the method GM used for this.

Massey

P.S. Bose and Monsoon speakers are not compatable.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:33 PM
3rd Gear Member

very insightful, so in my terms v6 is bose and v8 is monsoon? i know i have the monsoon for sure since its on the deck and the original window sticker, i`ll check the trunk tomorrow for the amp, I never played around with the stereo but now noticed that the rear speakers arent playing, so since this guy would sell me the speakers pretty cheap i figure i would take them one shot

Old 12-13-2010, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by auto
very insightful, so in my terms v6 is bose and v8 is monsoon? i know i have the monsoon for sure since its on the deck and the original window sticker, i`ll check the trunk tomorrow for the amp, I never played around with the stereo but now noticed that the rear speakers arent playing, so since this guy would sell me the speakers pretty cheap i figure i would take them one shot
not necessarily bc my Z came with the bose system. that didnt matter to me anyway considering i LOVE music and knew i would upgrade everything. if your big into stereo systems like myself, then scrap all of it and buy aftermarket everything. im glad i did

Old 12-14-2010, 07:54 AM

All I did is re-wire the speaker directly to the deck and it worked i got sound to my rear speakers. just get speaker wire and your set.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

okay guys- just changed one side of the hatch speaker with a 4 ohm, and the original side is playing louder??

the rear seat speaker i took out and fiddled the wire and it started to play but very very quiet with a little bit of distortion, is it supposed to be so quiet??

Old 12-20-2010, 08:14 AM

I do not think its supposed to be quiet, although mine are doing the same thing. very quiet noise, i wired the speaker directly to the deck using 18 guage speaker wire and its also faint. I went out and bout 2 new speakers and tried those and they are also faint. I also got a new deck to see if it was my old deck/bad wires, but it was not the same thing happened. Im stuck with ideas, anyone know?

Quick Reply: just noticed the backseat speakers arent playing monsoon