Just bought my first Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Greg08
yea really that is beautiful! i just got my first camaro to lol and its funny because its just like yours except 138k and red. i dropped the trans already because it was slipping . but i got mine for 1200 bucks
I got mine for 2500 he was asking 3500 . He also has had the trans rebuilt but i found a leak in it so im not so sure.

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Decent looking car. Looks like the whole thing was repainted. Inner fenders and radiator core support are teal, with blue over spray where they meet.
I don't see any teal. could you copy and zoom in on where the teal is? the only thing i know of that was repainted was the front bumper. he could have repainted the entire thing the same color but it's been garage kept most of its life.

Originally Posted by RFxCamaro
Junkyard is going to your best bet for those screws. They are common in many gm vehicles of that era so shouldt be hard to find. By the way ok sure you know but the front bumper was replaced and painted on that car.
yeah. when i was dealing with the seller i mentioned the front bumper and he said he ran into a parking block when he first drove it. His mom owns a real estate company or something so thats how she got it... she gave it to him for him to sell and he didn't know much about it. it was just sitting in his garage. he said he tried to drive it at least once a week.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:05 PM
2nd Gear member

nice man, make sure you look into the horror stories about how people swap transmission fluid and then have slipping, before you change your ATF. That old fluid in there could be helping that trans hold on. but id changed the engine oil and rear diff oil asap. burp the coolant system, and make sure your suspension is in check before anything else

Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

nice man, make sure you look into the horror stories about how people swap transmission fluid and then have slipping, before you change your ATF. That old fluid in there could be helping that trans hold on. but id changed the engine oil and rear diff oil asap. burp the coolant system, and make sure your suspension is in check before anything else
will do thanks man.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM
2nd Gear member

keep us posted

Old 01-11-2012, 09:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

keep us posted
ill take plenty of pictures because its my first camaro .

i just bought some spark plugs and will be changing em out tomorrow. whats the best way to approach them? i've heard wheel well is the best way. and after spark plugs ill be working on the interior.

I finished with the oil and tranny fluid today. the trans fluid was just about empty lol. along with the trans fluid i added some trans stop leak, so i guess ill find out if that worked tomorrow, if it doesn't any idea's? i don't know where the leak is at because i haven't been able to get it on jacks yet.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Banned

Love the car. Now you get to learn the ins and outs of your car lol

Old 01-12-2012, 10:17 AM
2nd Gear member

the trans leak may be no big deal bro

Old 01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by mezzyshredder
Love the car. Now you get to learn the ins and outs of your car lol
Thanks

Old 01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
2nd Gear member

it has 2 din stereo?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by androzer
it has 2 din stereo?
i don't know what a 2 din stereo is but if your referring to the head unit... its beyond even caring about... only 1 speaker in the entire car. after i clean up the engine and do the stuff i want to the engine then exterior, THEN sound system, possibly some kicker L7's with 2 amps (either alpine or kicker, the only reason kicker amps is because i'd like to have kicker everything, but if not definitely alpine ) and about 2 yellow tops lol.

The sound system is only if i feel like having no trunk and feel like hearing boom booms every morning before work.

Quick Reply: Just bought my first Camaro