junk yards

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default junk yards

are there lots of camaros in the yard? Because im looking for some interior and exterior parts for my baby. Ive called a few places but they just have the 3rd gen usually.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 PM
2nd Gear member

I guess it would depend on where you're located. I've gone to a few pick-a-part locations here around where I live (nw of Indianapolis) and I've only seen a handful of 4th gen camaros, even fewer early 4th gens. The places around here mark the fenders with arrival dates of being on the yard and the ones I saw were stripped within 2 days. I'd be lucky to find something useful around here from a yard, but again I think location is a key factor.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Same here, We have a huge you pull it lot and it just has shells heck even some of the shells are cut up. There are guys there just waiting for part that will sell on ebay. Your best bet is to watch for guys parting out their cars on craigs list. I see a few a month doing it.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

When I lived in ny I struggled to find parts here in sc camaros are everywhere its all about location

Old 10-31-2011, 09:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Do you ever shop ebay? Do you trust there parts?

Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 2kMaro
Do you ever shop ebay? Do you trust there parts?

Ive bought severl parts off ebay, never had the first prob.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
When I lived in ny I struggled to find parts here in sc camaros are everywhere its all about location

SC, huhm youre not far from me, wheres a good one at now? Ive went to pull a part in altanta, but nothing.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear member

Yea now if I needed anything specific I wouldn't bother with a pick-a-part, I've been looking on Craigs List when bored and I've seen numerous camaros in my area being parted out. The best thing is that almost all of them are 4th gen, also try forums like these and look in the parts for sale or post a parts wanted. There are always guys parting out their vehicles.

**edit**

Are you just trying to find parts cheaper by buying them used like this, or are you just generally trying to find things? I've got quite a few online vendors and sites bookmarked that I've found just from scouring the net at night, they tend to have some good deals and you can find almost anything you're looking for mostly.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

alright, im just looking for mostly plastic/ window motors really. how does buying on the forum work?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by numskull223
SC, huhm youre not far from me, wheres a good one at now? Ive went to pull a part in altanta, but nothing.
where in sc are you located??? what kind of parts are you looking for???

Quick Reply: junk yards