JAP CARS MERK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: JAP CARS MERK!!!!

I know, i just showed a 4 banger making some power. I love cars, i dont care who makes it or whats under the hood. I was a import guy when i was younger until i bought my 03 cadillac DTS, from then on i was a v8 guy.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:28 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

Yenko, they replace the internals of top fuel motors after every 1/4 mile. 1/4 of the cars have some issue when they're going down the track, like blowing head gaskets, or blowing a piston through the head or something like that. Would you flaunt the reliability of your car if 1 out of every 4 times you started it the motor blew?

I agree that V8's have the most potential of motors, but Pro-Stock would be a much better comparison, although they rebuild those after every race too...import, I'm not trying to flame, but that car is impressive, but I think a Pro-Stock is more impessive, a N/A V8 running a carb does better times than that. Just pointing that out.
i didnt say top fuel was most reliable, but they hold most power, i said a 1500HP v8 race car was reliable, where as a 1500HP civic or whatever isnt

Old 02-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Ninja Administrator

they replace the internals after each track day I believe, but they are usually good for several passes. the plugs however need to be replaced each run because the dieseling fries them

Old 02-24-2008, 01:11 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

they replace the internals after each track day I believe, but they are usually good for several passes. the plugs however need to be replaced each run because the dieseling fries them
was that for the 1500HP cars? i didnt just mean track cars. any 1500HP domestic will hold up much better than a 1500HP jap or euro car.. to make the analogy a little better let's say 1000HP, or even 800HP, very few imports can handle 800HP every day(supra, skyline, Rx7 are among the few). now, there's V8s running around day and night with that HP, and they usually only need to do tranny work. for euro cars(excluding ferrari, lambo, and those "F1" cars) they cant handle 800HP day and night either.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:44 PM
3rd Gear Member

you have no clue what youre talking about. a two rotor rx7 wont make that, ferrari, or lambo doesnt make that. and you forgot you can buy off the show room floor a veyron the makes over 1000hp. and i said that skylines and supras can make over 1000hp on stock internals, how many domestics can do that?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Ninja Administrator

i have never modified a supra, but i do beleive that the really beastly ones still include internal work, at least pistons and rods. forged doesnt always mean forged. the terminator cobras are forged, but you can only really trust them to 650rwhp or so.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:52 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: importmd

you have no clue what youre talking about. a two rotor rx7 wont make that, ferrari, or lambo doesnt make that. and you forgot you can buy off the show room floor a veyron the makes over 1000hp. and i said that skylines and supras can make over 1000hp on stock internals, how many domestics can do that?
i never said stock on any of them. and i never said a supra or skyline cant, i even had a parantheses to exclude them. and i know there's a veyron that has 1000 HP. theres also a shelby with 1000+ HP. and ive heard plenty of times about a supra with 1000HP blow, becuase of the stock internals. so once again, shut the **** up when no one's talking to you.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
3rd Gear Member

ok tough guy, tell me this...did you at least keep that sweet barb wire liscense plate holder from your mean maro? This kid is so smart, you guys should put him in charge.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:23 PM
4th Gear Member

you really need to stop ****ing attacking my cars. they were the way i liked them, and the ****ng liscene plate holder was better than "DeNoyer's Chevrolet"

once again, you resort to ****ing personall attacks, and stray away from the ****ing "arguement" at hand.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 PM
3rd Gear Member

personal attacks? you said im poor judging by the cars i own, what the hell does that mean? you have A.D.D and stray, imports vs top fuel is a great arguement. and you keep flipping out with f bombs coming out of your ears.

Quick Reply: JAP CARS MERK!!!!