If you cant chip a 4th gen.. wtf is this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: If you cant chip a 4th gen.. wtf is this?

ORIGINAL: TheStig

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=73195

Wonder what kind of rubutle spector will get this time.
that thing doesnt touch the pcm. look when he has it undone (which ive done several times for my nitrous kit, my timing for the window, the line, and many other electric lines come though this area). he unplugs one bank from the pcm, then puts the "chip" in behind where there are NO WIRES then puts the bank back in.
stig, you have always had good tech advice. you really didnt check this out first? seriously man, he puts it in next to the strut tower! its connected to nothing, there are no wires running there, and it isnt on the plugs for the pcm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his end result has the chip sitting between 2 peices of metal that are not computer related, the pcm wall and the bay wall.the 4th gen pcm does not ahve a place for such chips which is the reason i started this fuss to begin with. omg. just look, i know u have the tech bachground, that chip is not touching anything! the pins in his 2nd pic and 3rd pic are the same, the chip would HAVE to touch those pins to "plug in"

Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 AM
Ninja Administrator

and everyone on that thread is flaming that guy....... jesus man, check ur sources, summit with crappy intel and now this [&:][>:][&o][:-][][:'(][:@][&:][>:][X(][X(][X(][:@][:'(][][>:][&o]the last guy is thinking (omg)

Old 12-12-2007, 06:49 AM
3rd Gear Member

wow, u act like I support the jet chip... I dont. I just like dyno tunes.

I just saying, their out there...

Old 12-12-2007, 07:22 AM
4th Gear Member

i jet chipped my 98 3.8 (stage 2) and i took it back the same day. what a waist. i think its like switching from 87 to 89 oct. imo

Old 12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Ninja Administrator

ooooook, i was a little drunk during the last posts..... went to a sake bar last night because i had a test moved due to an ice storm [:@](that look isnt about being drunk, its the face im making now cuz my head hurts)

I guess this is a case of I call them tomatoes, you call them tomatoes (which, surprisingly the phrase doesnt really convey its meaning online [&:]........)

I couldnt see the plug before cuz i was seeing double.... but yeah, that looks like an inline module, if you want to call it a chip thats fine, ill just keep hassling you guys about it when I see it. (its equivelent to nawzz yo dawg in my book).

it looks like any of these things are just a way to get around the fact that these pcm's do not have removable chips like the older ones do, and all of the products ive seen seem underdeveloped, dangerous to the car, and no less expensive than tuning with a handheld or software.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:19 PM
4th Gear Member

Spector my ford escape will wipe your elantra off the floor...

hell yea its got the 3.5 V6!
i actually smoked one on the home from school today, and i couldnt launch it hard either.. studded tires, didnt want to rip em out, so i had to do a slow start, anyway, smoked it bad after i got past 40MPH, went to 75/80, and i was 2cars ahead so... moral of the story is, ION > Elantra.. but specter has some serious mods done to his, expecially those passenger side air groves, dont know if my car could handle his.

tomaaatoes vs tomAtoes [8D]i preferably like pataters

Old 12-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Ninja Administrator

when i drive this thing around in the summer I forget that it has the torque of a weed whacker, and im used to the TA, so if im driving the elantra with the AC on i think i can still cross a lane witha small gap in traffic only to be reminded it takes like 15 seconds to cross a lane from a stop [&:]

moral of the story, its not what I would call fast.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
4th Gear Member

What the hell is going on? This thread sucks.. im going to the gas station to get more air in my tire kuz right now im running 20psi in the passenger rear and 47 in the driver rear and that doesnt seem right... peace..

Old 12-12-2007, 07:46 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

Spector my ford escape will wipe your elantra off the floor...

hell yea its got the 3.5 V6!
i actually smoked one on the home from school today, and i couldnt launch it hard either.. studded tires, didnt want to rip em out, so i had to do a slow start, anyway, smoked it bad after i got past 40MPH, went to 75/80, and i was 2cars ahead so... moral of the story is, ION > Elantra.. but specter has some serious mods done to his, expecially those passenger side air groves, dont know if my car could handle his.

tomaaatoes vs tomAtoes [8D]i preferably like pataters
Time for a showdown, Escape vs ION. You better get that little thing ready, its going aginst the muscle of SUVs... runs 17s all day long. eh, it may run 18s, no difference... you ion cant tow a trailer[8D]

Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 PM
4th Gear Member

haha, yea, took me a while to get use to my ION too, the low end tq issue(even tho it's better than acivic), and the hydrolic clutch.
my camaro wasnt that much faster, ION is like a 15.5 sec car, and my camaro was prolly 14.5, but i get the same thing, i always go into a empty lane, to fly past people and cut over. doesnt work to well witht he ion, but it's deffently got better top end pull. can be in 5th doing 60, and floor it and be at 100 fairly fast(of corse i usually downshift, but the camaro would usually just shake in 5th at low RPM like that)

Quick Reply: If you cant chip a 4th gen.. wtf is this?