i just got my first camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

93 octane only; manual recommends it.

SLP LM, Magnaflow, TSP rumber, Hooker Aerochamber, Random Tech

Those are the more budget friendly ~$500 or so.

Corsa, Bassani, Borla, B&B are all quite a bit more

Old 10-23-2011, 12:53 PM

okey i figured, thanks again dude =)

Old 10-23-2011, 03:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by fuzz1313
and shes manual !where should i start modifying?
Good idea on going manual & good idea going with an LS1. Although if you were looking to race, you could swap it out for a custom modified automatic transmission, which is what my dad wants to do with his '95.

In terms of modifying, are you talking about cosmetic or internally?
Internally, I'd recommend swapping out the camshaft on it if you're serious. You could go with a sporty cam, which could add a little bit of power & acceleration, as well as a meaner sound to it. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 15 and most average people wouldn't know how to do that. If you wouldn't know how to do that, you'd have to pay a mechanic to.

You should try uploading pictures.

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
93 octane only; manual recommends it.
+1

Last edited by Brendon; 10-24-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:21 PM

i kind of wana work on her cosmetically first only because before she sounds good and everything, i wana make sure she looks good first.. i know some people might disagree but thats how id wana do it..and i have a few friends that probably know how, so doing it wouldnt be the problem..thanks for the advice though, also i tried uploading a few pictures and the website wont let me? ill try again another dayy!

Old 10-29-2011, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by fuzz1313
i kind of wana work on her cosmetically first only because before she sounds good and everything, i wana make sure she looks good first.. i know some people might disagree but thats how id wana do it..and i have a few friends that probably know how, so doing it wouldnt be the problem..thanks for the advice though, also i tried uploading a few pictures and the website wont let me? ill try again another dayy!
Some people aren't in it for the speed. I dropped a little over $1k on audio, and my family thought I was crazy, so would others (now this was with my discounts too)...but I listen to music in my car and want it to sound good. I'm also going to drop $1k at least on my new exhaust (just the pipes, already paid headers not included) because I want it to sound good and look good. Honestly...I wouldn't mind my car making 600rwhp, but I'd rather it look good at 400rwhp than look like Frankenstein at 700. To each his own.

For pictures, I personally use ImageShack, but there are others like Photobucket, Tinypic, etc. Just copy either the direct link to the picture (http://www.picture.com/picture.jpeg) and use the image button above your post or copy the tag with [-img]http://www.picture.com/picture.jpeg[/img-] and post that if it allows.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:39 PM

exactly, thats how i see it. haha. question though because i have an alpine headunit, type r 12'' subs, and amp from my old car...i want to change out the speakers, but i cant find the sizes anywhere..do you know what the sizes are for all the 6 speakers?

Old 10-31-2011, 07:43 PM
2nd Gear member

6.5" at least in the rear and doors.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM

alright, thanks again!