I have no idea what this cord goes to, help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default I have no idea what this cord goes to, help please

Ok, I have a 94 3.4L V6 that is also a convertible. Earlier I was looking in my trunk and I noticed a hole on the left side so I looked in it. I found a cord that looks as though something is suppose to be attached to it (This is on the other side of the interior, I peeled it away for a better view). Anyways, there is nothing else in this hole. I checked all my tail lights and blinkers and they were working fine. What could this go to? Also, as I stated before, it is on the right side of my trunk, so the opposite side of where my spare tire is. I do know that since I have a convertible, my trunk is different from one without a convertible.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

first you said its on the left then you said its on the right anyways i drive a 95 3.4 conv and my spare tire is on the pass side of the car (right) this is an electrical cord? at first i was thinking it was hydraulic lines for the top bc there is an access door in the carpet for the shutoff valve ive had my entire trunk carpet out to clean it and cant think of what your talking about pics would help alot

Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

is this the hole your talking about
Name:  IMG_4503.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  190.2 KB

Old 06-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Overdrive Member

I dont have a convertible but I know that on my car there is a cable there for the CD changer. it ends in a black plug and sometimes has a sticky foam tape wrapped around it to keep it from rattling. If you have the Monsoon or Boze stereo you will have this cable even if you dont have the changer.

Massey

P.S. You may not have the Monsoon system depending on the year of your car. The Monsoon amp goes in front of the spare tire, where some of the top mech goes.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
is this the hole your talking about

YES! Thats the whole. What goes in there? Mine is completely empty and there is just a wire there

Old 06-18-2010, 11:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

and I dont know why I said right because I said opposite side of my spare tire lol

Old 06-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Overdrive Member

The hole I have no clue... must be a convertable thing but the taped up cable in the top of the image looks like the CD changer cable. I have a large plastic trim piece there to hide my wires.

Massey

Old 06-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

thats where the shutoff valve for the top is it allows you to shut off the hydraulics and move your top manually i saw the wire but i cant see where it goes

Old 06-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Name:  IMG_4504.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  63.0 KB

Old 06-19-2010, 01:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well I dont have anything in there. Its just the whole and it is cut exactly the same way as yours. I will post a picture later today or tomorrow to show but honestly, its an empty space with nothing in it

Quick Reply: I have no idea what this cord goes to, help please