How to access turn signal/parking lense?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:29 PM
2nd Gear member
Default How to access turn signal/parking lense?

Not sure of the best way to go about this. I am trying to replace the lenses and not sure of how to access them. Couldn't find anything online or in my cheap manual so coming here, I'm sure someone has done this before or knows. Thanks.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

you have to go from under the bumper, there should be a piece of plastic in the way, unbolt that and reach up there. there held on with i think 1 8mm bolt maybe 2 i cant remember anymore.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear member

So that's pretty much the only way? I think I know what piece you're talking about but was hoping there would be an easier way that would offer more visibility and room. I'm swapping the lenses out with clear/black.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:22 AM
4th Gear Member

front or rears?

rears are easy and they ahve hand tightened wing nuts. You just more the rug a little.

Fronts, the easiest way is just to resolve yourself to removing the front bumper cover. It's not really time consuming to do that. Then the 3 screws are eaisly seen and removed.

That's also a good time to remove the air filter from your CAI (you do have one don't you) and clean it

Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM
2nd Gear member

I got to it. Easy but just limited space. I took off the plastic pieces and the air dam. Not too bad. Now I just need to go get different bulbs because those stock bulbs look pretty crappy with clear lenses. Not quite sure what bulbs to get color wise, nothing in Indiana code specifying that so I guess free range. Any suggestions on what looks good?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I got clear lenses and yellow lights look pretty good, but that's my only option here in Ohio, I took off the wheel and that plastic fender thing to get to mine it offered ALOT more visibility and room.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:09 AM

I've also got clean lenses and black background with yellow bulbs. I like it alot.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

can we see some pics of these black lenses???? I've been seeing them for sale, but don't see any pics of them installed.

and, FWIW there are "chrome" bulbs online, and autozone can get them IIRC, they look like they're anodized silver, but light up yellow/amber. Not sure how long they last, buddy has them in his s10 for about a year now, and they're still silver, haven't faded out.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, thats the only downer about those clear lens/black background, the bulb stands out like a sore thumb. I have the chrome bulbs that turn amber when the light up and amber led's for the marker lights, but you can see the bulbs plain as day i the daytime. In my sig pic, that white dot in the front marker light is the LED. Thats one thing I dont like. Thinking about putting a coat of nightshade on them to hide the bulbs, but then they will fail inspection and that means I have to put the stockers back on once a year for inspections and it is such a PAI to get to them....rant

heres the ones I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Turn-S...ee14c0&vxp=mtr

Last edited by jkeaton; 07-17-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

clear lense, black backing. oookay, i was under the impression that they were smoked out.
i get it. thanks

Quick Reply: How to access turn signal/parking lense?