Headlight wire harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Headlight wire harness

The plug on the wireharness for my Maro must have got some water or something in it, because it started to corrode. I have tried to brush off the connectors, and clean out the light side of the plug, but after a few weeks it starts again and the head light goes out. Usually I can just get out and move the cable, or un plug it and plug it back in and it works, but next time I get in it is off again.

I was wondering if anyone can find the part number or a site that would sell this harness. I have spent all day searching and even checked the local junk yard, but can not find one. Any ideas of where I could search would even be helpful. So I wouldnt have to pop the hood and move the wire every time I drive at night.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Headlight wire harness

ORIGINAL: jjbova

The plug on the wireharness for my Maro must have got some water or something in it, because it started to corrode. I have tried to brush off the connectors, and clean out the light side of the plug, but after a few weeks it starts again and the head light goes out. Usually I can just get out and move the cable, or un plug it and plug it back in and it works, but next time I get in it is off again.

I was wondering if anyone can find the part number or a site that would sell this harness. I have spent all day searching and even checked the local junk yard, but can not find one. Any ideas of where I could search would even be helpful. So I wouldnt have to pop the hood and move the wire every time I drive at night.
did you try ebay?

Old 12-12-2008, 02:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

LOL, yeah. I can order new bulbs, headlights or even brakelight harnesses.... but not headlight wire harness. It's amazing... I figured them or at least autozone would have it. I am going to stop by the dealership on Monday if I don't find it and ask for a part number at least.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Overdrive Member

http://www.innovativewiring.com/Part...tPartsPage.htm

If it is for the brights, it will be 9005, for the lows 9006.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Instead of replacing the entire harness you might consider replacing just the headlight socket. They are a lot cheaper and easier to replace. You might also want to get some dielectric grease to put in the socket. It helps to promote connectivity and will help fight the corrosion. I don't know where you live, but I work as a counterperson at a Carquest store here in Minnesota. I know they sell them. If there isn't one near you I'm sure that any halfway decent store should carry this.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Awsome, Thanks guys for the help. I got it replaced (not the whole harness, just the end), and it's working. Thanks again