Headlight replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Question Headlight replacement

I'm wanting to replace the headlights on my 2000 tomorrow, and after looking at them I'm not real sure on how they come out. I thought I could find some info online but I'm coming up empty, can anyone give me a pointer or two ?

Old 02-19-2010, 09:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If it's like my Camaro, just lift the hood, and look behind the headlight assembly...you'll see where the bulbs screw into the assy. If you're looking to completely replace the headlight assy. then you need to remove the screw that's mounted in the top center at the back. This screw holds the assembly to the metal bracket. After that just slide your assy. towards the radiator and rotate the assembly out of the metal bracket that holds it in place.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, it's the whole headlight assembly.
Thanks for the advice.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If you're having problems after removing the screw don't force it. There's two little plastic tabs on the back of the assembly that slide over the bracket to hold it in place. I had to gently wiggle mine until I could get it to slide.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I saw those, looks like a pretty tight fit.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Lol, just took mine out after some intent pondering. These cars are built like a rubix cube... cunfusing, trying replacing the wiper motor without any prior knowledge... a real ball buster, not bad now though

Old 02-19-2010, 10:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

wait until you need to replace a fender....that entails removing a tire, removing a plastic shield, loosening a bumber, removing a headlight, becoming familar with a pop rivet and learning to cuss under your breath around small children.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Lol its funny cause I'm used to working on the old cars with tons of room, no wonder they couldnt fit true duals.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 1stindoor
If it's like my Camaro, just lift the hood, and look behind the headlight assembly...you'll see where the bulbs screw into the assy. If you're looking to completely replace the headlight assy. then you need to remove the screw that's mounted in the top center at the back. This screw holds the assembly to the metal bracket. After that just slide your assy. towards the radiator and rotate the assembly out of the metal bracket that holds it in place.

I need to go see my GF...

all of a sudden ....Im craving some ASSY!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

That's funny, right there!

Kinda funny to see this thread, as I replaced a headlight on my '95 Z Saturday. I had to loosen the frame with a Torx wrench (2 screws) and swap the lights. $24 per light? Wow! I am used to just the bulbs, but I love my Z, so what can I do?

Last edited by DrQuincy; 02-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Headlight replacement