Halo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Halo Headlights

I just bought some of those halo headlights off eBay and I want to hook up the halo's but I don't want them to blink does anyone know where I can hook them up so that they won't blink? Oh and by the way the headlights that I bought are so cheaply made its unbelievable. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. I had to take the mounting hardware off the old headlights and put them on the new ones just to get them to work half way decent. I’m very disappointed in the people that sell these on eBay they make them out to be so great but they just suck!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Halo Headlights

What do you mean by blinking? As in within sequence of the turning lamps, high beams, etc.?

I'd wire them with the parking lamps.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The parking lamp and the blinker are the same thing correct? I was going to do that but when I looked at the parking lamp bulb there are three wires going to it and two filaments in the bulb but I thought that one filament was going to be the parking lamp and one was going to be the blinker but both of them blink so I can't hook it there. if i do hook it to the parking lamp the halo's will blink whith the blinkers

Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear member

I believe those are two different circuits. You're going to have to do a little trial and error, it seems.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:03 PM
2nd Gear member

Then again, as I was thinking, I'd simply make my own circuit. Fused, just because I'm overprotective of my car's electrical. A nice toggle by the rear hatch release button would be sleek.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah i have been thinking more and more about just doing that so i don't mess things up.the only reason i don't want to put it ona toggle switch is i don't want toforget to shut it off and come out to a dead battery all the time.i think it wouldbe a lot cooler if they just turned on with the car.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear member

No.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:03 PM

On my 2000 I have them hooked up to the parking lights.I believe they are hooked into the wire that says be on the socket.And they do not flash with the turn signal.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
In the Staging Lanes

This is what i ended up doing. to protect my electrical system like usarmyrangrs suggested I bought a relay socket and hooked power up from the battery and a wire from the day time running lights to trip the relay so that I'm not running too much off of one wire. it worked out great and the halo's turn on when my ignition does.[/align]

Old 07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I have dual halos, hence double the risk of a burnout from use.
Mine are with the parking litres on my 98 Catfish, but I removed the sensor for the auto on lite sensor in the dash vent, so the lites wont come on in our pkg garage. I also like control of my lites...
I did not bypass the daytime running lites, however.

Quick Reply: Halo Headlights