gut the cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Default gut the cat

I was wondering if I gut the driver side cat, would I lose any ponies? Or is there anyone who knows where I can buy a direct fit converter for the driver side. So far, I found one for $195.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Default RE: gut the cat

Anyone?

Old 05-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Overdrive Member

Well, I've been gutting a cat for a few days now, and my car hasn't lost any power. On the other hand, I don't expect removing internal organs of a feline will do anything to help or hinder your car...

On the more serious side(not that cat dissection isn't serious or anything, and I really have been 'gutting' a cat), you're not going to loose any power. As far as direct fit, I don't quite know, but this sounds like a good time for some Long tubes and a new catted Y pipe!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:14 PM

i dont know what yr u have im guessing cuz u said the left side then u have a dual cat set up, i have a 94 and i just happen to know this "exhaust guy" that i just paid cash and walla no more cat,, i had to i melted it down

Old 05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Droid

Gutting the cat, feline, mechanical, or otherwise,won't do much for power output one way or the other. However, if your car is OBDII, you will need O2 sims to replace the downstream O2 sensors, or a PCM tune to delete the downstream O2 sensors. Assuming, of course, that you are going to gut the catalytic converter on your car, and not your neighbor's tabby.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:50 PM

you wont lose hp but you will lose a lil flbt but with a cat u will get more hp so u lose some u win some just depends on what one u want and unless your a profesinal driver your not going to even be able to tell