Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   Front license plate? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/front-license-plate-34359/)

Y2Keglide 12-31-2008 06:40 PM

Front license plate?

I did a search and it seems the general consensus is 'screw it, I'm not going to put one on my car I'll risk the ticket'.[&:]
I may go that route but I hate giving them a reason to pull me over.
Does anyone here live in Washington state and go without and if so have you been pulled over for it?:eek:

Saint_Ali 12-31-2008 06:55 PM

RE: Front license plate?

its a law where i live but i just put the front plate in the corner of the window of the passenger side and ive never had any problems

skylinrcr01 12-31-2008 07:03 PM

ive been written up for it... like 35 bucks then the judge dismissed it

Spartan66 01-02-2009 02:38 AM

If im correct Y2K you live in washington tooright? Well when i had my Camaro i was pulled over twice and told i had to have a front plate but they didnt give me a ticket kuz i had a good bull**** excuse lol.

Y2Keglide 01-02-2009 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

If im correct Y2K you live in washington tooright? Well when i had my Camaro i was pulled over twice and told i had to have a front plate but they didnt give me a ticket kuz i had a good bull**** excuse lol.
Yes I am in WA..........and that "good bull**** excuse" would be?

Spartan66 01-02-2009 11:21 AM

Well, i told one it fell off in a car wash because the bolts were stripped out. Told one an officer of another county told me i didnt need one and finally the best one, the car didnt come with one.

Y2Keglide 01-02-2009 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

Well, i told one it fell off in a car wash because the bolts were stripped out. Told one an officer of another county told me i didnt need one and finally the best one, the car didnt come with one.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif] funny chit,I would never be so lucky as to have a cop believe any of those.[&:]

cbr600rx7 01-02-2009 07:01 PM

When i had VA tags i drove around for about 2 years with out any issues. My wife wanted to drive the car around and the first time out she gets pulled over for it. Now i have NC tags and i am free from the two tag laws[>:]

Spartan66 01-02-2009 11:29 PM

Yeah, ive noticed some states require these lame stickers wtf is up with those? I like washington kuz our windows arent jam packed with stupid safety stickers or w/e.

lt4weeda 01-05-2009 01:47 AM

Yeah I live in Utah and have a few buddies who work for some shops and they all tell me that I need one to pass my inspections, but for some reason they never fail me for it haha. I have never had one and never plan on it. Never been pulled over for it either. I had one cop tell me my car was missing the front licnse plate but didnt do anything about it