Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   electrical issues (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/electrical-issues-66645/)

BasicConcepts 12-06-2011 02:33 PM

electrical issues

2 Attachment(s)
ok im trying to pull the camaro out of the garage to make some room for the engine install... the only problem its the weather is a little gray and my windows are open and i cant get them up. the only electrical ive messed with is pulling the column to replace the ignition cylinder. ive triple checked the wiring for that and it all looks good. also the turn/bright light switch doesnt work neither does the radio but the hazard switch does before i parked the car everything worked. now theres 2 plugs under the dash that i have no idea what they plug into ive looked and cant see anything in the area

Attachment 22528

Attachment 22529

any ideas

z28pete 12-07-2011 12:49 AM

Not really sure about your loose wires. However, all things that are not working are controlled by the RAP module (Retained Acessory Power). Could be that the loose connectors belong to the RAP, so take a look under the dash.

BasicConcepts 12-07-2011 01:44 AM

so that rap module runs (makes a clicking noise) after about 5 mins of shutting the doors so i unplugged it is that a sign of a failing module (also its plugged in now and still no windows... also no clicking) also you know where i can get a new one i cant find anything

craby 12-07-2011 10:29 AM

gona need to get the wiring diagrams out and start tracing the wires to what is not working. should lead to a common source that may be one of the plugins

slick's camaro 12-07-2011 11:01 AM

if its clicking. than it failed. had the same problem. no local parts store sells it and the dealer wants $189 for it. somehow a power wire got shorted. I ended up going to a yard and pulling one $45

iLL95 12-07-2011 11:09 AM

^Pulling it from a yard would be your best bet, they're something not commonly found retailed and usually dealerships charge insane prices for oem electrical components on these older cars

BasicConcepts 12-07-2011 12:02 PM

is there anyway i can hotwire them just to get them up for now

BasicConcepts 12-07-2011 01:44 PM

ok so i got the pass side window up no problem i figured out what wires go to the motor and jumped them to the battery... the driver side isnt going so well its a blue and brown wire but nothing happens when i jump them to the battery and i know the motor works

Camaro 69 12-07-2011 03:25 PM

Where are you jumping the wires from, under the dash or inside the door? If under the dash, you could have a broken wire. Where they go thru the rubber boot at the hinge pillar is a popular place for the wires to bend and crack.

Jesse11 12-07-2011 03:56 PM

so the problem is solved? Can you share some good ideas? i am suffering the same trouble of my car.