EGR Disconected

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default EGR Disconected

The tube leading from the EGR valve to the exhuast manifold was cracked and leaking. so when i was one the gas i could here it flowing out pretty good. i tried a bunch of times to fix the hole with "The Right Stuff instant gasket" but that didnt work so i decided to just plug it i cut a 2in piece of steel drilled a hole through for the bolt and gooped it up with a bunch of Hightemp rtv(the stuff you use when you redo a intake gasket) and i pluged the hose going to the valve with the right stuff. this is ok to do correct its not gonna throw a code? i know i should have asked before i did it last night but i was on a roll after fixing the antifreeze leak on the hoses that go to the heater core

Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default similar

Might be a match for my vacuum elbow that has one end held together with a piece is sheet metal wrapped around it, RTV, and two small hose clamps! Not much to look at, but works, and done with the parts that were available at midnight!

Old 03-09-2010, 04:32 PM
4th Gear Member

Check with your local auto salvage yards. Should be able to pick up one pretty cheap.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Just pull it off and get rid of the whole system. It does not really matter and they never check the emissions in Michigan. You will throw a code, but you can have that deleted easily.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JordanT
You will throw a code, but you can have that deleted easily.
how would I delete the code?

Old 03-10-2010, 06:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well you could take it to a shop that does it, or you could do it yourself. I bought tunercat and deleted mine with that program. Or just find someone around you that has a program that can delete codes.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

it will through a code for "egr low flow-check pintle valve, connector...." my blazer's was clogged with carbon. i fixed it and decided that having it functioning really hurt the part throttle response and power, and hurt fuel economy, and just unplugged it